Note: If this tutorial was helpful, need further clarification, something is not working or do you have a request for another Ionic post? Furthermore, if you don't like something about this blog, if something is bugging you, don't like how I'm doing stuff here, again leave me a comment below. I'm here to help you, I expect the same from you. Feel free to comment below, subscribe to my blog, mail me to firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow and mention me on twitter (@gajotres). Thanks and have a nice day!
- New tab widget
- New widget Toolbar – will handle header and footer bars, it should be scrollable horizontally
- Support using widgets like toolbars, popups, panels outside of a page – Finally but still buggy, popups still don’t work outside
- New flip switch widget – Much better then old one, no more flunky animations
- New filterable widget – Still buggy
- New option for taphold event $.special.event.tap.emitTapOnTaphold default = true;
- All widgets (excluding listview, tables, and selectmenu) have options that can be set after the widget has been instantiated
- All widgets (excluding listview, tables, and selectmenu) have an option named “enhanced” that allows you to provide the markup the widget itself would generate, thus saving startup time
Removed and deprecated functionality
- Listview: Removed nested listview feature
- Dialog/Slider are deprecated.
- Because of a button overhaul, inner button markup (.ui-btn-inner and .ui-btn-text) will not exist anymore
- Because of a icon overhaul, listview’s will no longer have classes ui-li-has-arrow (list item) and ui-btn-icon-right (list button).
- IE7 and BlackBerry 5 OS is no longer supported and they are going to be moved into C grade browser group.
- Deprecated class ui-disabled. Use class ui-state-disabled instead.
- Deprecated class ui-btn-corner-all. One corner class: ui-corner-all (corner radii for buttons have selector .ui-btn.ui-corner-all).
- Deprecated data-role=”field-contain”. Just add class “ui-field-contain”
- Icon shadow: Deprecated option iconshadow for buttons and select. You can use class ui-shadow-icon on a container or a button (same as ui-icon-alt and ui-icon-nodisc). Also work with listviews, controlgroups, checkbox/radio, etc. that didn’t have option iconshadow.
- Deprecated input element generation for filter
- Deprecated filterPlaceholder option for filterable
Editor note – 23.09.2013
- Uncompressed: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.js (useful for debugging)
- Minified and Gzipped: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.min.js (24KB, ready to deploy)
- Uncompressed with Default theme: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.css (useful for debugging)
- Minified and Gzipped with Default theme: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.min.css (7KB, ready to deploy)
- Uncompressed structure without a theme: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.css (useful for theme development)
- Minified and Gzipped structure without a theme: jquery.mobile-1.4.0-alpha.1.min.css (6KB, ready to deploy)
Copy-and-Paste Snippet for CDN-hosted files:
Note: jQuery Mobile 1.4 also supports jQuery core 2.0.
ZIP File: If you want to host the files yourself you can download a zip of all the files: