Large 11-inch & 12-inch tablets are all the rage these days.
Firstly, a large tablet doesn’t only mean you get a large screen, you also get a prevailing battery and powerful processor.
Plus, the large screen brings along better viewing angles that help in watching movies or working on two apps alongside to enhance productivity.
And if you ever miss using a laptop, a portable keyboard can make it a complete system for you in just a click.
Hence we have put forth a guide on the best 12-inch tablets.
So, let’s take a look in detail into our very favourite top 5 large 12-inch tablets.
5 Best 12-inch Large Tablets
1) Apple iPad Pro 11-inches
The Apple iPad Pro has a A12Z Bionic Chip that gives a smooth performance along with 6 GB of RAM. And to make it all the more enticing for tech savvy audience, Apple has a seven-core GPU that enables 40% faster graphics performance. The style and dimensions of the iPad Pro 2021 is more or less the same as iPad Pro 2018 but unlike before the new iPad Pro has dual lenses that give ultra-wide and 4K video capability.
You can always enhance it buy purchasing a keyboard to enjoy a full desktop on the go. Although in comparison to the 2018 model, the 2021 one has the same sleek body that is light in weight and compact too but not just the camera is better this time around but also the edge-to-edge display is bigger in the new iPad Pro.
And if you are creative head, add an Apple Pencil to enjoy drawing, sketching and let your creative juices flow. However, it isn’t your cup of tea if you’re on a tight budget. Costing roughly 800$ and if you add a stylus or a keyboard along it gets quite heavy for one’s pocket.
- Edge-to-edge display
- Fast performance
- A holistic PC with accessories attached
- 10 hours battery life
- Accessories are to be purchased separately
- Takes a long time to charge fully
- 11-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
2. Apple iPad 10.2”
This Apple iPad 10.2-inches comes with a A12 Bionic Hexa-core processor that is a standard Apple processor and good enough for everyday basic usage. The 32 GB storage doesn’t give a lot of room but lets you easily play games, browse and give a smooth transition between multiple apps. Given the price, the 8 MP rear camera and the 1.2 MP front camera is more than good but cannot be compared to the Retina Flash featuring cameras of the latest iPad Pros.
It is an ideal tab for amateur digital artists or students who wish to use a tab for studying, drawing or sketching. It supports Apple Pencil1 and Smart Keyboard which enables it to become a full-fledged laptop on the go.
To wrap it up, it’s a decent slate given the affordable price. However, you are likely to miss the sharp display of the latest iPads and the one-sided speaker can sometimes be a nuisance in loud areas.
- 10 hours of battery life
- Good cameras
- Supports Apple Pencil and Keyboard
- Only one-sided speakers
- Display isn’t bright and sharp
- Apple Pencil or Keyboard are additional expenses
- The 10.2" touch screen LED-backlit display and 2048 x 1536 resolution will have playing all day!
- Lighten your load with this light weight tablet and entertain your down time with its long lasting battery.
- Sporting enough storage to to get things done, this Apple tablet comes with 32GB of drive space so you will have plenty of memory to save meaningful data.
3) Microsoft Surface Pro 7
The rightful owner of the title “next-gen” tablet, the Surface Pro 7 comes home with a huge memory enabling you to multi-task between various applications, game, browse to your hearts content. It’s high resolution and responsive display is one of the reasons why its everyone’s favorite. Plus, a strong battery with a large screen of 12.3 inches makes it just ideal for people seeking to use a large screen tablet.
This machine only weighs 1.69 lbs and has a fast 4 GB RAM paired with an Intel Core i3 Processor. It has the latest USB-C port that enables fast transfer of data and a sturdy 10 hours of battery life make it all the more perfect. Sadly, the price tag makes it a no-go area for the people who do not want to spend large on a tablet. However, the latest features and everything it enfolds make it worth the money spent for those who are willing to spend it.
- Reliable battery life
- Beautiful display
- Fast processing
- Speakers could do better given the price
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
4) Microsoft Surface Go 2
The featherlight Microsoft Surface Go 2 comes with an adjustable kickstand and strong 10-hour battery life. It is the upgraded version of the Surface Go with enhanced battery life and compact body that makes working on the go all the more desirable.
Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y is the reason behind its improved performance. It will enable a smooth user experience without any hiccups. The display is one of the reasons we love it, its bright and colorful with great viewing angles making it ideal for use in outdoor scenarios. Thanks to its LTE connectivity feature, you can stay connected to the internet all the time no matter where you go, as long as you the Surface Go 2 with you. Given the price and the features, its perfect for everyday emailing, browsing or working on MS office. However, upgrading it to a 128 GB variant or adding accessories like a stylus or a keyboard can make it much pricier than most people would like.
- Brilliant display
- 10 hours of strong battery life
- Good performance
- Cannot do too much of heavy processing
- 10.5" PixelSense 10-Point Touch Display, 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium 4425Y Dual-Core Processor
- 1800 x 1200 Screen Resolution (216 ppi), 4GB RAM, 64GB SSD Storage
- Integrated Intel HD Graphics 615, MicroSD Media Card Reader, Lightest Surface yet, starting at just 1.15 lbs.
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) | Bluetooth 4.1, 8MP Rear Camera | 5MP Front Camera
- USB Type-C | 3.5 mm Headphone Jack, All-day battery life, with up to 9 hours of unplugged power, Windows 10
5) Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
A whopping 13 hours of battery life is one of the top reasons we love the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Along with it a 10.4-inch TFT screen and AKG stereo speakers make it just perfect of binge watching shows all day and all night. It is a budget-friendly android slate that delivers high quality content and is one step closer to being the next-gen’s large tablet.
The great thing about this device is that it comes home with an S-pen included, so you don’t have to worry about any additional expenses. You can instantly transform this slate from an entertainment screen to a canvas.
Coming back to binge watching, the sharp and bright display paired with four strong speakers make it your favorite for a holistic cinematic experience. It comes with a 64 GB storage which isn’t bad at all given its price and it can be easily expanded up to 1 TB. The Exynos 9611 chipset and Mali-G72 is every gamer’s ideal tablet processing powers.
However, the front camera is only good for video calls but nothing more and having to buy the keyboard separately makes it a little less attractive as a 2-in-1 tablet.
- Fantastic Display
- 13 hours of battery life
- Four AKG speakers ensure a cinematic sound experience
- Reasonably priced
- S-pen included
- Keyboard is an additional expense
- Camera is just ok
- S PEN INCLUDED: The included S Pen makes it easier than ever to write notes and personalize photos and videos, all without needing to charge. The S Pen attaches magnetically right to your tablet and is always ready to go.
- SLIM METAL DESIGN: Take this sleek, lightweight tablet anywhere. Its slim design slips right into your bag and comes in your choice of stylish colors.
- ENTERTAINMENT READY: A vivid, crystal clear display draws you into content while dual speakers with sound by AKG supply spacious Dolby Atmos surround sound. With discovery powered by Spotify, setting a personal soundtrack to your waking moments has never been easier.
- LONG-LASTING BATTERY: A long-lasting battery lets you stream for up to 12 hours¹ on a single charge. The fast-charging USB-C port allows you to quickly get back to where you left off when you need to recharge.
- ONE UI CONNECTIVITY: Sync up multiple devices and double down on your todos with Galaxy Tab S6 Lite. Use it as a hotspot and create share-ready content all at once.
It may not be that easy to find a large tablet that ticks all the boxes of your preference. And that too specially a 12-inch slate. However, compromising a little here and little there on some features or an inch or half on the screen size can land you on your ideal large tablet.
Everyone’s choices may vary depending on budget and the purpose of use, yet we have some of the best large tablets shortlisted. Our true favorite is the Apple iPad Pro 11-inches but we also know that it is not affordable for the many.
Second most favorite is the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, that comes in a reasonable price along with an S-Pen included and beautiful speakers that throw cinematic sound your way. What more, in such an affordable price, you get a great display and 13 hours of battery life which is more than any of the four have to offer.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.