11. Wave Framework
- Fast after you learn how to use it.
- Not fully MVC but good enough.
- Great documentation.
- Subjectively one of the best micro frameworks of its kind. It will provide you with everything you need and nothing more. This implementation is what other micro frameworks should stand for.
- Unlike some other frameworks this framework was not created primarily for personal use
- jQuery support. This may not be important to the majority of my readers, but my main goal was trying to find best micro PHP framework to serve my jQuery Mobile applications.
- Another great thing is full UTF-8 support. You would not believe how many frameworks don’t have this supported.
- It takes a while to get used to
- Everything is done through API commands. Not a bad approach, but it takes time to master. Provided documentation makes this problem less obvious.
- Fast after you somehow manage to make it work.
- Insufficient and small documentation.It may sound rude, but this is a micro documentation for a micro framework.
- Can’t be used out of the box. Initial configuration requires web server access so forget using it without full permissions.
- Does not offer anything more than the most fundamental functionality