If you’re looking for a cheap drawing tablet with a touch screen, stick around to reveal some of the best tablets available on the market.
We will briefly discuss their features, specifications and price.
The price of the expensive drawing tablets is not always justified with performance, instead you are just wasting your money.
Yes, there are many affordable drawing tables on the market that contain all the features that you need to draw.
Whether you’re a graphic designer, artist, or an engineer many cheap tables will easily fulfill your necessaries when it comes to performance.
You should keep in mind that they might lack some innovative features, but we made sure that all tables listed above are suitable for demanding projects.
What to Look for in an Affordable Drawing Tablet with Screen
1 – Drawing Tablet Specifications
Let’s review some of the features that every professional needs and regardless of the price you can’t go without them. Even if you are looking for the cheapest tablet available keep in mind that without these features, the only thing you could do is write.
2 – Pressure Sensitivity
One of the main functions of the drawing tablets is pressure sensitivity. It measures the force you put on the tablet’s surface. The harder you click, the thicker the line will be. This option is mainly used by graphic designers and other artists.
Most of the tablets come with plural pressure sensitivity levels, from 300 up to 8000 (Source : ConceptArtEmpire).
For instance, if you’re a beginner you won’t need a tablet over 1,024 levels, as you won’t even use the rest of them (Source : Sweet Monia).
If you’re more familiar with that kind of work you should be considering getting a 2,048 pressure level tablet for you.
3 – Tablet Screen Size
An important factor is tablet size. It divides the size of the active area and the overall area. The one you draw on is the active area.
The bigger the size, the bigger drawings you will be able to work on and you will need less panning and zooming.
Related : Best Budget 10 Inch Tablets
Make sure to choose a product that has a big enough area for your projects.
When you’re checking the product’s factors and features, don’t mistake the active area with the overall area, because the total size includes both the active and the surrounding area.
If you mainly draw you may want to choose a smaller and compact tablet to carry around.
Best Cheap Drawing Tablets with Screen
Now we will review some of the best affordable drawing tablet choices on the market, their key features, and main specifications.
We ensured that all tablets listed above are equipped with both pressure sensitivity and a wide drawing screen.
1 – XP-PEN Artist 12 11.6 Inch FHD Drawing Monitor
This fantastic drawing tablet is the artist’s most preferred choice nowadays. With its 1920×1080 HD display, you won’t need to zoom or goggle. The Artist12 comes with 8192 levels of pressure for you to choose from, plus 6 suitable shortcut keys to browse your computer easily. The revolutionary designed pen that this tablet comes with is ultimately comfortable, lightweight, and with an eraser at the end. The pen is suitable for image editing, sketching, drawing, art painting, and whatever you could think of. This tablet supports both Windows and MAC and it is compatible with photoshop and other software for photo editing.
- [Warm Reminder: Artist12 drawing pen display must be used with a computer] XP-PEN’s latest smallest 1920x1080 HD display paired with 72% NTSC(100%SRGB) Color Gamut, presenting vivid images, vibrant colors and extreme detail for a stunning display of your artwork. Features a slim touch bar that can be programmed to zoom in and out on your canvas, scroll up and down, and more
- Artist12 pen tablet come with 11.6 Inch display area, equipped with 8192-levels of pressure sensitivity and 6 handy shortcut keys, comes with the anti-reflective coating, included with the Multi-function Pen Holder
- XP-PEN advanced P06 passive pen was made for a traditional pencil-like feel! Featuring a unique hexagonal design, non-slip & tack-free flexible glue grip, partial transparent pen tip, and an eraser at the end! Delivering technical sense, high efficiency, with a fashionable and comfortable grip
- Artist12 Pen display is HD IPS display. It’s ideal for drawing, photography, animation, fashion, Sketching, Image editing, 3D sculpting, drawing beginners, Art painting Amateur, architecture design and more
- XP-PEN Artist 12 supports Windows 10/8/7(32/64bit), MAC OS 10.10 and higher. Compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI, CDR, Painter, SketchBook Pro, MediBang, Clip Studio and more. XP-Pen provides one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our pen tablets/displays
2 – Huion KAMVAS Pro 12 Drawing Pen Display
The affordable Huion KAMVAS Pro 12 comes with a battery-free pen bundled with a fancy pen holder for a tidier desk. The tilt-function of the tablet justifies the price multiple times, making it one of the best & cheap choices on the market. The 11.6 Inches IPS screen presents millions of vivid colors, which reduce the color difference. For easy browsing, this tablet presents 4 press keys and 1 touch bar and they are simply bindable for easy access to your favorite settings. Anti-glare glass technology reduces the glaring damage to human eyes, making it like drawing on paper.
- Tilt Function Battery-free Stylus - Comes with 8192 levels of pen pressure with ±60 pen tilt support, allowing you to have advanced pen performance; Battery-free pen PW507, no longer need to worry about charging.
- 11.6 Inches IPS screen - 120% sRGB Color Gamut presents 16.7 million colors vividly, which can greatly reduce the color difference; The dimension of the KAMVAS Pro 12 is 350 x 198.6 x 11mm, which is close to an A4 Sheet; Ultra thin and portable, take it to anywhere you want.
- 4 Press Keys and 1 Touch Bar - Setting the express keys in the light of your preference, you can easily access your favorite settings and enhance your productivity; The 266 PPS report rate provides a quick and agile feedback of the pen strokes, which is conducive to the smoothness of the lines.
- Full-laminated Anti-glare Glass - With Anti-glare Technology, it effectively reduces the glare damage to human eyes and shorten the distance between the pen nib and the cursor; Making you feel like drawing on paper and offer better drawing experience.
- Compatibility - KAMVAS Pro 12 is compatible with Mac (OS 10.12 and above), Windows 7 and above, Chromebook (running the latest ChromeOS 88 and above); Huion provides one year warranty.
3 – Huion Inspiroy Ink H320M
This Innovative budget drawing tablet is one of the cheapest choices on the market. Its specs, features, and performance justify the price multiple times. Equipped with a revolutionary battery-free stylus, this tablet provides 8192 pressure sensitivity for more natural and smooth lines in your drawings. A big plus is that fingers or any object with smooth coverage can work with this tablet. A working area of 10.2×6.2 inches on which to comfort yourself during your drawing sessions. This tablet not only supports MAC and Windows, but it is also compatible with Android devices of any kind.
- Digital Pen Tablet with LCD Writting Tablet Function: HUION H320M creatively combines a pen tablet and LCD writing tablet together as one that enables you to unleash creativity on the pen tablet and take notes or doodle on the LCD writing tablet. Anything you draw on the LCD writing tablet can be removed easily via erasing button on the panel. A dual-purpose H320M drawing tablet could meet most requests of users.
- Android Supported: Not Only compatible with Windows or Mac OS, it also supports Android devices, Inspiroy Ink H320M computer drawing tablet could be connected with android phones or tablets via an adapter. Note: The cursor will not show up in Samsung Galaxy phone and tablet except for Note Series.
- Battery-free Stylus: PW100 battery-free digital pen with 266PPS report rate and 8192 pressure sensitivity level provides you nature and smooth lines. ±60°tilt support imitates real brush strokes, which offers you a more realistic drawing experience. The pen applicable on both sides of H320M present every stroke clearly on an LCD writing tablet. Besides, fingers or any smooth objects can work on the LCD writing tablet.
- 11 Customized Express Keys and Large Work Area: Customize you 11 programmable press keys to optimize your workflow, both left and right handed use. And 2 programmable press keys on the pen side could help you easily switch between brush and eraser. 10.2×6.2 inch(LCD writing tablet side) and 9x5.6 inch(pen tablet side) sufficient working surface, provides you a carefree drawing experience.
- Portable and Friendly Design: Only 9mm thick and weigh 450g, And the attached leather bag is easy to carry around. There is a pen clip on the digital board, which can prevent the pen from losing and can be used at any time.
4 – Parblo Coast10 10.1”
The Parblo Coast10 offers a stylish, lightweight battery-free pen for a more handy and natural feeling during your editing or drawing sessions. The implanted stand allows a view from a higher angle, 170° vertical and 170° horizontal, for a more clear view anywhere you put it. The Ergonomic design contributes to an even more perfect design whether it’s in your lap or desktop. This tablet is compatible with many editing software such as Photoshop, CorelDraw, Illustrator, Corel Painter, and many more.Fancy accessories bonus added to this product is a drawing glove. The tablet can be used both on Windows and MAC, even if the operating system is outdated with several versions.
- 1. Battery-Free pen,you don’t need to worry about the power capacity, or battery leakage cause pen malfunction. Without a battery did reduce the weight of graphic pen, the light weight gives more comfort and handy nature feel during your designing work or art works.
- 2. High Viewing Angle, Horizontal 170°and Vertical 170° Viewing Angle allow you to see the screen in a very comfortable way,you can put the monitor in everywhere and still easy to get clear view
- 3. Ergonomic Design, you can put the digital screen in your lap,or on your desktop,or other dynamic movement of the scene which also provide a perfect perspective
- 4. Compatible with Corel Painter, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Comic Studio, SAI,Paint Tool Sai, Infinite Stratos, 3D MAX, Autodesk MAYA, Corel Painter, Manga Studio,Pixologic ZBrush and other major graphics applications.
- 5. Operation system: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. Mac OS X 10.11/12/13/14.
We hope that this post was able to provide you with enough information on what’s important for a drawing tablet and how the prices vary with performance. It is not important to have an expensive drawing tablet to showcase your spectacular set of skills.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.