Currently, there are plenty of drawing apps for Windows that lets you work in a wide range of ways and from the available ones.
You can choose the one that best suits your style & fit your budget.
Most of them are also free therefore allowing your creativity to blossom and thrive through practice for free.
They all contain different features and functionalities and it is critical to go through all of the listed apps below to determine the one that meets your needs.
So, let’s dive in and take a look at the best drawing apps for Surface Pro & Windows users in general.
6 Best Surface Pro Drawing Apps
1 – Concepts
If you’re looking for a flexible place to collect your thoughts, plan ahead, and sketch your ideas on an infinite canvas, then Concepts is just the app for you. Here you can draw storyboards, product sketches and design plans that would leave your clients impressed and very happy.
- Infinite canvas with multiple types of paper and grids
- Infinite layering system with adjustable opacity
- Realistic brushes and pens that accurately respond to pressure, tilt and even velocity and offers optional live smoothing.
- Flexible vector-based sketching – adjust your drawings by tool, color, size, smoothing and scale
- The OPIC color wheel for a variety of color blending
- Drag + drop images onto the canvas as references for tracing
- Export images for printing or fast feedback from clients
2 – Sketchable
Create your ideal workspace for your artistic mind with customized controls and an amazing interface that allows you to tweak anything just the way you want to. If you’re a sketch artist and are looking for a program that understands your needs, then the name “Sketchable” should be your number one consideration.
- Snap and edit pics
- Import and augment pictures
- Color picker
- Customize UI
- GPU accelerated tools
- Photoshop PSD export
- Multiple layers
- Stroke preview
- Canvas rotation
- Paint bucket
3 – Autodesk sketchbook
Creativity starts with an idea and ends with an integrated canvas on which you can put that idea into action. With Autodesk sketchbook, you can form quick conceptual sketches to already done artwork with access to powerful and creative sketching tools. Enjoy a superior drawing experience without any distractions and a truly elegant design.
- Attractive stripped-down interface
- Drawing engine that can accommodate 100 mpx canvas
- Import and edit snaps
- Professional tool that are easy to use
- Assistive wizardry with 16-sector radical symmetry
- Export your work in all image formats including JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and PSD
4 – Zen brush 2
This is a drawing engine that rings to life the feeling of silky fluent paint that has been stoked gently and evenly. With a simple yet elegant user interface, zen brush 2 lets you interact with its tools in a simple and an uncomplicated way. Simply start up the app and you are ready to draw.
- Has background style templates.
- Let’s you undo and redo for up to 5 levels.
- Supports for 3-D touch.
- Has simple main tools that are easy to use: ink brush, eraser, red brush.
- Let’s you save you work to the photo library.
- After you are done with your artwork, it lets you share it to social media platforms.
5 – Krita
This is a professional free and open-source program and image editor that is highly intuitive and offers all the features that an artist could ever need. Users can also customize the UI and access several easily configurable options that would help save time on editing.
- Export art in any format
- Intuitive application
- Powerful art tools
- Concept art
- Texture and matte painters
- Illustrations and comics
- Awesome layers
- Pattern transformations
- Color manipulation
6 – Fresh Paint
Everyone has a creative inner side and it takes the right tools and canvas to unleash such talent and draw those big ideas. Fresh Paint is the ultimate canvas that is fun and easy to use by artists of all ages. Create original work and turn photos into painting making the work of your hands a masterpiece with the right art tools. With Fresh Paint, you can create absolutely anything and transform it into a “work of art.”
- Intuitive UI
- Draw and paint anything with watercolor
- Natural pressure sensitivity
- Import images, photos
- Available activity packs and coloring pages
- Print artwork with high definition
- Correct every mistake with eraser and undo button
- Dry all paint on canvas using the fan feature
- Easily share paintings anywhere
Show them what you’re really made off with the above applications and enjoy an artistic experience like no other.
All these apps are currently some of the best drawing apps for surface pro you can get.
Each comes with its unique features and incredible performance. So be sure try one them today.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.