Are you an aspiring design artist looking for a suitable tablet to draw on ? Then you’ve landed to the right place.
As a beginner in the digital drawing field it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between Android, iOs or Windows tablets.
When it comes to drawing tablets, Wacom tablets dominate the market. But this shouldn’t limit you to go for Wacom Substitutes like Huion.
We have reviewed some of the Best Drawing Tablets for Beginners in terms of high-res graphics, performance & affordability.
- 10 Best Drawing Tablet for Beginners
- 1. Artisul D13 – Ideal for Illustration
- 2. Wacom Cintiq 13HD – Ideal for Mac OS Users
- 3. ParbloCoast10
- 4. XP-PEN Artist 12 Drawing Tablet
- 5. Huion KAMVAS 20 Drawing Tablet
- 6. UGEE M708 V2 Graphics Drawing Tablet
- 7. Wacom Intuos Pro
- 8. Huion HS611 Graphics Drawing Tablet
- 9. Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13″
- 10. XP-PEN Artist22 Pro
10 Best Drawing Tablet for Beginners
1. Artisul D13 – Ideal for Illustration
Want to get your hands on the best tablet for animators then look no more because Artisul D13 is the best there is in the market.
With its extremely slim sides, just half an inch and LCD screen measuring 13.3”; you’ve hit a jack pot.
In addition to that, seven hotkey buttons and a pen that doesn’t even require battery.
It’s completely fueled by USB so it requires a cabled association with your desktop or laptop.
However, it just requires one USB link for power and information transmission. This feels extraordinary and encourages you keep away from wire mess.
In case you were wondering about that pen that doesn’t require battery.
Let me tell you that it’s by far the best thing about it. It accompanies a versatile conveying case so that you can use it wherever, whenever.
The screen is insanely splendid with a 1080p HD show. It doesn’t run exceptionally hot by any stretch of the imagination, and on the off chance that anything happens to the equipment it very well may be supplanted under a 1 year producer’s guarantee from Artisul.
What’s more, this thing even accompanies a stand when you get the pack.
This implies you can tilt the tablet up to 50° or more to draw/paint at a particular point.
The screen is a bit small estimating about 1.3 feet wide by 0.8 feet tall.
However, I think the little screen is better for artists who simply need to concentrate on one board in turn. This likewise makes the unit simple to carry with you any place.
All in all, I believe, the Artisul D13 tablet is the best tablet at the cost.
It accompanies seven express keys, a discretionary left-hand mode, a without battery pen and a stand.
As I would like to think this is the ideal tablet for illustrators, especially for avid users of Adobe Illustrator.
- Must be used with a computer. Compatible with Mac and Windows. Requires HDMI output port & USB port. Comes with 1-year limited warranty.
- Full HD Resolution (1920 x 1080). Add the D13 S Combo to your computer workflow.
- 8192 pen pressure allows for smooth and artistic brush strokes. Custom calibrate with the driver. Tablet driver is regularly updated for latest computer versions and user feedback.
- Customize your workflow with 6 FastAccess Buttons and scrolling QuickDial.
- The ergonomic and dynamic Freestyle Stand allows for an array of working angles for the D13.
2. Wacom Cintiq 13HD – Ideal for Mac OS Users
Everything about the Wacom Cintiq 13HD just feels directly for proficient activity.
When a trusted brand name is associated, everything feels right about the product especially if you are seeking a drawing tablet compatible with Mac OS.
With its top notch hardware, full 1080p presentation, a custom Wacom stand alongside a 3-in-1 display link.
However, even with all the amazing features, it still is not a first priority. You may ask why and the reason is its cost.
This by itself is difficult to legitimize on the grounds that not all animators especially when you’re starting off will have the option to dish out for this.
Yet, in the event that you can, despite all the affordability issue, it’s totally worth it.
The factor that may motivate one to buy this is the light weight.
Would you believe that its 75% lighter than the tablet mentioned previously?
This feature would definitely make it really very easy for you to carry it all around.
The display estimations are exceptionally close so you won’t see a major contrast.
However, the physical plan of the Cintiq is plainly prevalent and it shows why such a significant number of animators incline toward Wacom.
Anyway, the Cintiq 13HD just has 5 hot keys so the Artisul wins in that area.
The distinction somewhere in the range of 5 and 7 keys truly isn’t gigantic, so it is much of a game changing factor, however, it must be looked at.
This tablet accompanies Wacom’s Pro Pen which can bolster a 60° tilt every which way while as yet being perceived on the drawing territory.
The stylus is totally without battery and it accompanies a bunch of substitution nibs.
The stylus can work as an eraser also, all you have to do is flip. Wacom knows advanced tablets and their equipment is up to the mark.
It’s essential to realize the Cintiq requires AC power from an outside source. This doesn’t work exclusively through USB so that makes it convenient.
However, you’ll have to work close to the power source.
- Enjoy the natural creative experience of working directly on screen;Aspect Ratio :16 : 9
- Pressure (2048 levels) and tilt sensitive Wacom Pro Pen performs like traditional brushes, pencils and markers
- Premium, 13.3 inches, HD Display (1920 X 1080) with wide viewing angle,get a HDMI to Mini Display Port adapter to connect the DTK1300 to a Macbook Pro
- 3 Position display stand (included)
- Comfortable, compact, lightweight design
ParbloCoast10 may be smaller in size than the previous tablets mentioned and it is thicker.
However, its thickness gives the user a firm grip which means that the artist can utilize this beauty while lying on your sofa or traveling.
Like the other tablets, Parblo comes with a pen too and it is battery free and hassle free.
Moreover, you don’t have to worry about where to store your pen when not in use because it comes with a little space for the pen. The display brightens to 1280×80 so ensure that your desktop is at that level.
Amidst all the positives, it’s only fair if a negative factor is also discussed.
ParbloCoast10 is easy to handle and a wonderful choice.
However, its installation process isn’t exactly a walk through a meadow but once you’re through it, ParbloCoast10 works smoothly.
- 1. Battery-Free pen,you don’t need to worry about the power capacity, or battery leakage cause pen malfunction. Without a battery did reduce the weight of graphic pen, the light weight gives more comfort and handy nature feel during your designing work or art works.
- 2. High Viewing Angle, Horizontal 170°and Vertical 170° Viewing Angle allow you to see the screen in a very comfortable way,you can put the monitor in everywhere and still easy to get clear view
- 3. Ergonomic Design, you can put the digital screen in your lap,or on your desktop,or other dynamic movement of the scene which also provide a perfect perspective
- 4. Compatible with Corel Painter, CorelDraw, Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Comic Studio, SAI,Paint Tool Sai, Infinite Stratos, 3D MAX, Autodesk MAYA, Corel Painter, Manga Studio,Pixologic ZBrush and other major graphics applications.
- 5. Operation system: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10. Mac OS X 10.11/12/13/14.
4. XP-PEN Artist 12 Drawing Tablet
If you’re an animator with limited budget then this tablet is the one for you.
It checks all the boxes on the animator’s tablet list.
Right from the brightness of the screen to the stylus that is very light and operated without a battery.
In addition to that, the tablet gives the user a very smooth experience and its pixel quality is amazing, just how an animator would like.
However, where there’s good, there’s bad too. Although, it fits right with the animators,
I may not be fond of the free cables hovering around the tablet.
The tablet needs to be connected to a power source and a desktop. Since, these cables are thick, it somewhat makes you confine your usage.
- XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet must be connected to a computer to work, it's compatible with Windows 7 or later, Mac 10.10 or later. Compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI, Painter, MediBang, Clip Studio, and more. It's ideal for digital drawing, animation, sketching, photo editing, 3D sculpting, and more. Connect the Artist12 tablet to your computer with the included 3-in-1 cord, and install the XP-PEN driver, sketch or paint on the screen directly, enjoy an immersive creation experience
- 11.6 HD IPS display: Artist12 drawing tablet is the XP-PEN’s latest smallest 1920x1080 HD display paired with 72% NTSC(100%SRGB) Color Gamut, presenting vivid images, vibrant colors and extreme detail for a stunning display of your artwork. It's pre-installed anti-reflective screen protector already. The slim touch bar can be programmed to zoom in and out, scroll up and down. Its 6 shortcut keys are customizable, XP-PEN driver allows the shortcut keys to be attuned to other different software
- Battery-free stylus with a digital eraser at the end: XP-PEN advanced P06 passive pen was made for a traditional pencil-like feel! Featuring a unique hexagonal design, non-slip & tack-free flexible glue grip, partial transparent pen tip, and an eraser at the end! Delivering technical sense, high efficiency, with a fashionable and comfortable grip, and there are 8 replacement pen nibs included with the multi-function pen holder
- XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet with screen is ideal for online education and remote work. Set the Artist12 drawing screen as an extended display when working from home, visually present your handwritten notes on the screen directly. Teachers and students can write and edit complicated functional equations with ease. It's compatible with XSplit, Zoom, Twitch, Microsoft Teams, ezTalks Webinar, Idroo, Scribbiar, wiziQ, and more
- XP-PEN provides a one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our drawing pen tablets/displays. Register your XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet on xp-pen web to apply for an ArtRage 5, openCanvas, or Explain Everything. Your laptop/desktop needs to have HDMI and USB-A ports available for the connection, or you need an extra converter(such as Thunderbolt to HDMI, depends on what ports that your laptop/desktop has) for the connection
5. Huion KAMVAS 20 Drawing Tablet
This is irrefutably outstanding among-st other moderate sized display tablets available.
The screen takes up a dominant part of the tablet so you’re getting at any rate 1.5 feet long and near a foot in stature of drawing territory.
The cable is truly cool since it parts into an AC connector, USB port, and a HDMI port.
This 3-in-1 link makes your work area cleaner and no unnecessary wiring issues.
However, there’s a catch, the stylus design. This pen utilizes a battery so it is heavier than others.
But at the same time it’s battery-powered so you don’t have to continue purchasing substitutions. This truly shouldn’t be much of an issue.
All in all, the GT-156HD is superb. Colossal display, splendid specs, and a lot of express keys for an expert work process.
If you’re fine with utilizing a divider outlet for power and in the event that you like the bigger display, at that point this tablet is each artist’s fantasy.
- Tilt Function Battery-free Stylus - Comes with 8192 levels of pen pressure with ±60 pen tilt support, allowing you to have advanced pen performance; Battery-free pen PW507, no longer need to worry about charging.
- 120% sRGB Color Gamut - Kamvas 20 pen tablet provide you with richer colors and smoother transition between colors. Present 16.7 million colors vividly, which can greatly reduce the color difference.
- 178°Wide Viewing Angle - ensures clear and beautiful image to be displayed without color disparity. 20-80 Degree adjustable stand with classic slider design is simple and convenient to operate, sturdy and reliable.
- Anti-glare Glass - With Anti-glare Technology, it effectively reduces the glare damage to human eyes and shorten the distance between the pen nib and the cursor; Making you feel like drawing on paper and offer better drawing experience.
- Online Teaching and Working - KAMVAS 20 drawing pen display is compatible with Windows 7 or later and Mac OS 10.12 or later; The new generation of portable adjustable stand coming with the package; Meet all your needs for every subject with online tutoring softwars: Power Point, Word, OneNote, PDF... Let's work more efficiently. Use Huion for for online conference purpose,Web Conferencing, Webinars and Screen Sharing.
6. UGEE M708 V2 Graphics Drawing Tablet
It’s insanely budget friendly. Ugee’s parts aren’t on a par with Wacom yet they’re unquestionably in the upper level for tablets.
What’s more, this one accompanies a smooth hi-definition LCD screen running a 1440×900 display.
Since this is a huge unit you do require AC divider power.
Be that as it may, since it’ll for the most part stay around your work area this shouldn’t be an issue.
The stylus pen is well-structured yet in addition somewhat substantial. It utilizes a battery so you’ll need to make sure to charge the stylus after a couple weeks.
However, considering the cost and all the additional treats you get with this tablet I absolutely wouldn’t fret over it.
In the event that you need a huge display tablet on a financial limit, at that point the Ugee 19″ display is an unquestionable requirement purchase.
It has a smooth HD screen. At the point when you include all the extras this is more than worth the cost and it’s an integral asset for all types of computerized workmanship.
- UGEE M708 graphic drawing tablet, features 10 x 6 inch large active drawing space with papery texture surface, provides enormous and smooth drawing for your digital artwork creation, offers natural no-lag sketch, painting experience;
- Battery-Free presise pen stylus with 8192 pressure sensitivity allows you to draw accurate lines of any weight and opacity according to the pressure you apply to the pen, sharper line with light pressure and thick line with hard pressure, perfect for artistry design or unique brush effect for photo retouching;
- Compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 and Mac OS 10.8.0 or above; Driver program works with creative software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Macromedia Flash, Comic Studio, SAI, Infinite Stratos, 3D MAX, Autodesk MAYA, Pixologic ZBrush and more;
- 8 customizable express keys on the side for short cuts like eraser, zoom in and out, scrolling and undo, provide a lot more for convenience and helps to improve the productivity and efficiency when creating with the drawing tablet;
- Easy to set up, user-friendly for right and left hand user with the pen holder and extra pen tips, ideal for professional artist, newbie designer and amateur hobbyist of all kind, provides 12-month hussle free warranty service and clock customer service;
7. Wacom Intuos Pro
The Intuos Pro is a splendid decision for travel. It accompanies the Wacom Pro pen stylus and it can transmit information over bluetooth.
The stylus likewise utilizes bluetooth to associate with the tablet so your developments can be enrolled with gigantic precision.
Both the medium and enormous model accompanies eight express keys in addition to a little spiral wheel.
You can by and by redo what every one of these catches does so you’ll have a ton of authority over the work process.
In the event that you need a touch of surface to your tablet, at that point the Intuos Pro is great.
Unquestionably won’t be as decent as the display, however on the off chance that you lean toward the customary non-show tablets, at that point the Intuos Pro offers all that you need.
There’s no denying that the Intuos Pro is a solid non-show tablet.
This model is overly meager, lightweight, and appropriate for versatility. Any artist who leans towards the non-show configuration ought to think about this model.
- Wacom’s trusted professional Pro Pen 2 technology in a precision graphics tablet, optimized for hours of image editing, illustration or design work
- Slim tablet design in our most popular size (13.2” x 8.5”) with an active area of (8.7” x 5.8”) for anyone with a serious creative passion.No parallax
- The Pro Pen 2 features 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt-response and virtually lag-free tracking for ultimate precision and control – and because it’s battery free it never needs charging
- Speed your workflow with the multi-touch surface, programmable express keys, radial menus and pen side-switches; Customize your experience with pro pen slim or pro pen 3D (sold separately)
- System requirements: USB port, Windows 7 or later (64bit), Mac OS 10.12 or later, Bluetooth Classic for included wireless connection to PC or Mac
8. Huion HS611 Graphics Drawing Tablet
This is most likely the absolute best non-display tablet for craftsmen on a spending limit.
It accompanies an implicit battery so you can go totally remote for up to 5-7 hours. Cool for drawing on your bed or level out on the planet on the off chance that you bring your workstation. The coolest element about the Giano is that it’s absolutely remote.
You can charge this thing and go cordless for a couple of long stretches of unblemished drawing time.
The Huion pen likewise utilizes a battery and that energize can keep going for to several months.
What’s more, the Giano accompanies an inherent MircoSD card with 8GB of extra room.
You can spare your fine art to the tablet and carry it with you anyplace. It resembles an illustrations tablet, a capacity drive, and a remote pen mouse all folded into one.
The Giano is great. At the cost you get an enormous foot-long drawing region that can go totally remote.
Also, the 8GB storage limit. This is ideal for craftsmen/illustrators who need a reasonable remote tablet that still works like an expert’s tablet.
- Innovative 8 Multimedia Keys - HS611 is the first pen tablet equipped with multimedia keys, the 8 multimedia keys are ergonomically designed on the upper side of the pen tablet, which helps to maximize productivity. Features included: volume mute/down/up, previous play/pause/next, switch between softwares/switch to the desktop. It is a great choice for video editors and people who like to listen to music while creating.
- 10 Programmable Press Keys and Touch Strip - 10 programmable press keys can be customized in the HUION driver and HUION sketch app. The added programmable touch strip can easily zoom in or out your canvas. Type-C plug, easily plug in and out with either direction which is more convenient and stable.
- Ultra-thin & Large Working Area - The HS611 drawing tablet is only 7.3mm thick and weigh 550g. It is the thinnest tablet on the market, easy to carry the tablet around. 6.35x10.17 inch(161.5x258.4 mm) sufficient working surface, provides you a carefree drawing experience. The dot grid cover specifies the working area and thus improves the accuracy of work. From head to toe, from cracks to nooks, HS611 is all in the same color, even the pen matches the color.
- Battery-free Stylus - PW500 battery-free digital pen with 266PPS report rate and 8192 pressure sensitivity level provides you nature and smooth lines. ±60°tilt support imitate real brush strokes, which offers you a more realistic drawing experience.
- Android & PC Supported - Compatible with Android 6.0 or above, Windows 7 or above, mac OS 10.12 or above. Only mobile phone and tablet powered by Android 6.0 or above are supported. NOTE: The cursor will not show up in SAMSUNG devices at present, except SAMSUNG Note Series. It is compatible with most major software including: Photoshop, SAI, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Huion sketch, FlipaClip, Medibang, Autodesk Sketchbook, Zenbrush and more.
9. Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 13″
This tablet is flexible and simple to modify for changing the tilt, adjustment, and weight affect-ability.
The display includes a clean 1080p HD resolution which can work as a double screen.
In the event that you experience difficulty introducing tablets, at that point this one may be a test.
It’s presumably not the best decision for a fledgling since the drivers are not direct. In the event that you’re genuinely learned with PCs, at that point you won’t experience a lot of difficulty.
This tablet is amazing when it comes to its features like its size, specs, and cost.
The battery free stylus is easy to utilize and the tilting stand functions admirably for liveliness.
Establishment isn’t straightforward; however, on the off chance that you can get past that progression you’ll truly like this tablet.
- Our most powerful compact device yet with enhanced computing power fast data processing & quick data transfer powered by Intel i7-8559U processor 16GB system memory 512GB SSD & Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
- See your graphics & artwork in great detail and clarity with high-resolution 13 3” WQHD (2560 x 1440) screen with up to 82% Adobe RGB coverage (CIE1931) and included 3-angle adjustable Wacom Stand
- Enjoy fast-processing and performance in 2D illustration and photo-editing with graphics options including Intel Iris Plus Graphics card
- Extraordinary precision with the Wacom Pro Pen 2 and 8 192 levels of pressure sensitivity tilt response & lag free tracking – drawing tablet computer includes customizable ExpressKeys & multi-touch surface
- Comes with 16GB system memory and 512 GD SSD With upgradable memory and hard drive this all-in-one studio provides a future-proof creative workspace
10. XP-PEN Artist22 Pro
One other equivalent enormous screen display tablet is the XP-Pen Artist22 Pro.
This one additionally utilizes a 1080p resolution with an inclining estimation of 21.5″ over the screen.
The nine-point alignment setting guarantees a precise drawing process.
Also the LED display is secured by a thick layer of fortified glass to diminish scratches and minor harm caused from overuse.
The most flawlessly awesome thing about this tablet is the screen quality.
Delightful display, customizable backdrop illumination, and the hues look unblemished. This can even capacity as an auxiliary screen if necessary.
On the negative side the stylus pens are not so great and the absence of express keys is a negative too.
There are numerous full screen tablets out there. However, the Artist22 is unquestionably a decent one.
Splendid screen, strengthened scratchproof glass and a durable stand to change your drawing edge.
- XP-PEN Artist22 Pro meets the needs of all types of digital artists at any skill level. The potential applications for the XP-Pen Artist 22 Pro are limitless! Functions such as drawing, sketching, painting, CAD and 3D sculpting, illustration, design, and editing can now be performed directly on the surface of your monitor. Expand your creativity and work naturally and intuitively
- Artist22 Pro Pen Display features 1080p resolution with Color Gamut Coverage:77%-82%(100%SRGB) and an extra-wide 178° viewing angle. 8192 pressure sensitivity provides unprecedented accuracy and precision in your work. The Max Report Rate of the Artist 22 Pro has increased to 266 RPS, to make lines flow smoother and perform better, working faster and efficiently
- The latest stylus design! Our P02S stylus technology provides 8192 levels of instant pen pressure sensitivity―Providing you with groundbreaking control and fluidity to expand your creative output
- XP-PEN Artist 22 Pro driver can support 4k displays. Now you can enjoy every sharp detail. Sturdy, adjustable, ergonomically designed stand prevents shaking and sliding, providing a comfortable drawing experience. It can also be attached to a 75x75 mm vesa mount
- Supports Windows 7/8/10 and Mac Os x 10.10.x or later. Compatible with Photoshop, Corel Painter, Comic Studio, SAI, Zbrush, Medibang Paint, Toonboom Harmony etc. Compatibility is always being steadily improved through driver updates. XP-Pen provides one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our pen tablets/displays. Register your xppen Artist22Pro drawing tablet on xppen web to apply for an ArtRage 5, openCanvas and Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline drawing program
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.