Not All Tablets Perform Equally
Whether you are a graphic designer or new in the world of graphic tablets, keep reading to reveal all key features and the best Gaomon tablets. We will underline everything important to pay attention to whenever buying a tablet for graphic design and provide you with an ultimate product comparison for you to choose from. We will reveal several products with varying price tags to ensure that you will receive the most value for your money.
The best Gaomon tablet for graphic design should have a large active area, hotkeys, accurate pressure sensitivity, and a reliable pen. All these key features contribute to a flawless experience for graphic designers and optimal results. Before revealing our best Gaomon tablets, you should understand better all the important key features.
The pressure sensitivity is listed under the technical specifications of the tablet. Unless you’re familiar with the tablet, you may be thinking about how much pressure you can put on it without the screen breaking. (Not true!). The Pressure Sensitivity is a measure of how quickly the tablet applies. A higher number means the tablet is more responsive and you can add finer details to your work. In this case, a higher number is better, but it will affect the overall price so much. If one thing is certain is that you should definitely aim for higher sensitivity.
The simplest explanation is that the active area is the area on the tablet, the surface where you do your work (Source : Wacom).
Depending on the type of work, it is better to have a larger active area you do, but in many cases, there is a higher cost associated with this size.
There are two major types of graphic tablet pens. Some are using batteries as far as others are using Electromagnetic Resonance (EMR) to stay active when nearby the tablet. This key feature is up to you to the device but generally, EMR pens are preferred over the ones with a battery due to the unfortunate moment in which you are in the middle of a project and the pen battery dies.
Another quite important feature to consider is the resolution. For the smoothest drawing experience, we recommend getting a tablet as per your monitor.
For instance, if you are using a FULL HD 1080p, we recommend getting a tablet with the same resolution as the active area.
However, you can always change the resolution of your screen to match with your tablet to take the accuracy even one step further (Source : CreativePro).
The majority of designers prefer wireless graphic tablet design due to its handy and aesthetic essence. However, this is nothing that contributes to the performance of the tablet but if you are looking to get a compact tablet we recommend getting a wireless tablet. Keep in mind that the wireless compatibility feature significantly impacts the price tag.
3 Best Gaomon Tablets For Graphics Design
We have prepared three different tablets each with a different price tag, where you get the most performance for your money. Depending on your budget and preferences, with our list, you can’t go wrong.
1 – GAOMON M10K
If you are a beginner in graphics design, this tablet would be perfectly suitable for you. With 8192 levels of pen pressure, you can expect extreme accuracy and precision even though the price tag is low. Another benefit here is that the pen is using an EMR, so it does not require to be charged unless the pointy end is near the tablet.
However, the surface area here is only 255.06 x 159.84mm, which is actually just enough for your hand to have a normal journey. Even hovering with the pen feels comfortable with this model. It supports only Micro USB, but you can expect the cable within the box. This is not the best graphics tablet you can have, but if you are on a budget, this is the most value for your money.
- [Battery -free Stylus]---The pen adopts the most advanced passive technology at present, no need to charge or replace the battery, so it's always ready whenever you want to create art,avoiding trouble of battery leakage and low power.
- [8192 Levels Pen Pressure]---The pen features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity, helps you to draw thicker or thinner lines depending on how hard you push on the pen. It makes lines smoother and more natural, allowing you to capture ideas faster and easier.
- [High Performance]--Working Area:10 x 6.25 inches (255*159mm);Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels; Pen Touch Resolution:5080 LPI; Report Rate:233PPS; Sensing Height:10mm
- [1 Touch Ring+1 Round Key+10 Hot-keys]---The touch ring could be programmed for canvas zooming, brush adjusting and page scrolling ( zoom in/out and roll ). The round key designed to shift function among zooming canvas, adjusting brush, and scrolling page. 10 customizable shortcut keys allow more quick access to most commonly used functions.
- [ OS Compatibility]--Compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 or above ; Mac OS 10.12 or above ; Android 6.0 or above. Drawing software compatibility: M10K PRO can works well with free programs like gimp, firealpaca, krita , medibang, etc. Or paid programs like: Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, adobe premiere, adobe after effect, sai version 2, clip studio paint, corel paintshop pro 2020, Corel Paintshop Pro etc.
2 – GAOMON PD1560
If you are looking for a reliable and professional graphics tablet, we recommend the GAOMON PD1560 as it is one of the top-rated tablets we’ve found. The price tag here is 100% justified with performance including the large 344.16 x193.59mm active area, EMR pen, wireless connectivity, micro, and type-C USB support, and 5080 LPI.
If you are serious with your intentions we highly recommend getting this tablet as it is a choice that you can’t go wrong with. The tablet is compatible with Windows 7/8/8.1/Mac OS 10.11 or later and Linux/Ubuntu. As a bonus in the box, you get a pen holder to prevent you from losing it.
- 【FOR ONLINE EDUCATION & MEETING】You can use PD1560 pen display for online education and remote meeting. It works with most online meeting programs, like Zoom, and so on. 【FOR DIGITAL ART & CREATION】-- It's not only for amatuer but also for professionalists for digital drawing, sketching, graphics design, 3D art work, animation, etc. 【FOR ANNOTATING AND SIGNATURE】--It is also broadly used in annotating and signing file in excel, word, pdf, ppt, etc.
- 【10 EXPRESS KEYS & 8192 PEN PRESSURE SENSITIVITY】-- 10 shortcut keys are customizable . 8192 leves's pen pressure gives you better control of lines. About 2 hours to 2.5 hours for full charge of pen lasts 350hours work. 【PEN HOLDER & 8 NIBS】-- nibs are inside pen holder. 【HIGH QUALITY IPS FULL HD SCREEN】-- Report Rate: 233PPS Viewing Angle: 178°Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080（16:9） 【PRE-APPLIED SCREEN FILM】- to protect the surface screen ,also providing paper-like drawing experience
- 【ADJUSTABLE STAND】-- You can find a perfect and comfortable position by dragging the switch to adjust the angle of pen display . 【3-in-1 CABLE】-- To reduce the cable clutter.f there is no hdmi port on your computer, you need extra hdmi adapter. We don't recommend usb to hdmi adapter.
- 【OS SUPPORT& PROGRAM COMPATIBILITY】-- Windows 7/8/10 or later, Mac OS 10.11 or later; compatible with most major drawing software. Works great Photoshop、Pant Tool SAI 2、Cilp Studio Paint, Illustrator、SketchBook Pro、MediBang Paint Pro, etc. 【FOR DIGITAL ART】-- It's a high quality product not only for beginners, but also for professionals. It's broadly used in photo editing, sketching, digital drawing,manga, animation, etc.
- 【Others】---Please use extra hdmi adapter if there is no hdmi port on your computers. We don't usb to hdmi adapter. And better using one to one type hdmi adapter instead of multi ports hub. If you use Win system, please make sure there is no other brands tablet driver installed before installing GAOMON Driver.
3 – GAOMON PD1561
If you are looking for a high-end performance graphics tablet, this one should surpass your expectations. With its massive 344.16 x 193.59mm active area and resolution of 1920 x 1080 (16:9), the GAOMON PD1561 is made for demanding designers. It is impressive to see 4.8 resting out of 125 Amazon reviews, which means that if you are willing to spend a little more for a graphics tablet you certainly not regret the investment.
There are 8,192 levels of pen pressure + EMR and wireless connectivity support. Besides the regular USB 2.0, micro USB, and USB Type-C this tablet also supports HDMI and Mini HDMI for the most complex projects.
- [15.6’’ Full HD IPS Monitor& Protect Film ]--15.6 Inch Full HD IPS monitor with 1920 x 1080(16:9) screen resolution and 72% NTSC color gamut,which give you an colorful artistic creation world .Report rate:233PPS,View Angle:178 degree,Display Area: 344.16 נ193.59mm(13.5*7.6 inch). [Gift Screen Film]-- it will be applied on the screen already.
- [Passive Pen AP 50]--Battery-free pen AP50 adopts Battery-free electromagnetic resonance technology,no need to charge or change battery anymore,ensure you work long time without consider the pen being out of power,which is environment-friendly. Moreover,there are 8 replacement nibs put inside of the pen holder.
- [8192 Levels Pressure Sensitive & +60 Degree Tilt Support]--The pen with 8192 levels pressure sensitive and support 60 degree Tilt function(60 levels of tilt recognition in all directions), ensure you can draw precise and smooth lines during digital creation.
- [10 Express Keys &5 Menu Buttons]--There are 10 programmable express keys and 5 menu buttons on left side of PD1561. The express keys can be customized according to your preference,like zoom in/out,scroll up and down, and more,to save time and accelerate your work efficiency.
- [Wildly Compatibility ]--Work with laptops or desktops which run Windows 7/8/8.1 or above, Mac OS 10.12/13/14 or above; Compatible with most painting software, like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Lightroom, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio, CorelPainter, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Paint Tool Sai2, Krita and so on
To provide you with even clearer expectations, we’ve dug deep into the review sections to find and examine the few bad reviews for each of our products. Some of the clients complain about the box being deformed during shipping or late delivery, where no one reported a technical issue with the products. This way we ensured that our list will provide you with the most value for your money without worrying about issues down the road. Don’t forget to check the warranty period before you buy and for more related content refer to: