The kids today are the techies. If you toddler boy or girl loves to play with your smartphone or tablet.
Then it is the perfect time to get the Best Learning Tablet for Toddlers.
Learning centric tablets include a series of poems, rhymes, stories, and short games pre-installed.
However, parents can get easily confused by a plethora of options to choose a learning tablet for their kids.
But first, let’s look at some of the basic features you would require in a kids tablet aimed for learning.
Before moving ahead, let us explore what features they have. Well, every feature has its benefit.
But overloading the toddlers with a feature-filled tablet may not be a good thing.
Some common features that every leaning tablet for toddlers have to include:
The learning tablets for toddlers have learning games. They make the toddlers learn counting, alphabets, and even assist in speaking words.
Every tablet has a distinct game. You may check on its package to get further detail.
Rhymes, Poems, and Music
This is one of the fundamental features you will find in every learning tablet for toddlers.
Well, parents sing poems and rhymes to their kids. Often they even sing them the poem songs to make their babies smile.
Some advanced level learning tables for toddlers include a camera. It is a good option when your kid has a creative sense. It helps in carving their creativity.
Parental Controls & Restrictions
Though it is not very essential when you are getting a tab for the toddlers. But if you have teens and adults at home, better get a tab with parental controls.
Best Learning Tablet for Toddlers
1. Baby Einstein Magic Touch Curiosity Tablet
It is a pretty cool tablet to get for your toddler. The plus point that many parents consider is that it does not have internet connectivity.
As toddlers do not require that. Of course, the baby boss is just a fiction.
It has nothing to do with reality. In addition to that, this tablet has 48 different melodies.
And it makes your baby learn three languages. Isn’t it amazing? Ahead of that, there is no screen on it! Another great thing, as there is no danger of the screen breaking.
- The learning content is quite amazing.
- Durability level is awesome
- Price is quite reasonable
- No internet connection is a plus point. But some parents argue it does not help them to play online rhymes
- Cannot access more than the loaded content
- Tap the wooden "tablet" to start exploring
- Easy to grasp baby toy for on-the-go
- Plays 48+ melodies and introduces three different languages
- Screen-free wooden toy for long-lasting fun
- 6 months toy to toddler toy
2. Miraria MyPad
Need more learning content for your kid? Try the Miraria MyPad Touch Toddler Tablet.
It has 50 amazing learning content to make your kid learn fast. Also, it is pretty durable.
You will certainly not regret your purchase. Indeed a good option when you need your baby to keep on learning and advancing their vocal skills.
- Good for the kids of age 1
- Durability level is excellent
- Visual appears is smooth and is loveable
- Comparatively, it is expensive than other available options of similar features
- It is more like a toy than a tablet
- Durable play tablet features colorful light-up images!
- Over 50 fun and educational sounds, phrases and songs!
- Press the images on the touchscreen!
- Children will think it's more fun than grown-ups' tablets!
- For ages 12 months and up
3. LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet
When your baby goes over the age of 1, you need to make your toddler learn counting and numbers.
LeapFrog has made this tablet for the kids of age 2 and slightly. It has several poems and cognitive stuff.
Such as weather games, sports illustrations, and health information. Additionally, it has a set of foreign languages.
- It is an upgraded version of basic tablets
- Good for cognitive learning
- Works as an artificial phone
- Kids may get bored after some time
- No internet connection, so no variety of online poems
- Press the app and bottom icons or slide fingers over the screen for a multicolor light show. Every action activates unique patterns of lights, colors and sounds
- Just like mom and dad’s, this kid-tough toddler tablet features a home button, 20 app icons and introduces letters, numbers, shapes, animals, colors and more
- For role-play excitement, press the five dock icons and talk on the phone with Violet, explore time concepts, listen to Violet, play with the pretend camera and listen to music
- Play with the apps like a real tablet in explore mode and hear exciting phrases about weather, sports and health. Learn mode includes colors, numbers, shapes and more. Music mode plays songs and melodies and lets little ones create their own masterpieces
- This interactive toy tablet is intended for toddlers 12 months and up. 3 AAA batteries are included for demo purposes only; replace new batteries for regular use. To preserve battery life, unit will automatically power down after approximately 45 seconds without input. Product dimensions: 6.9” Wide x 7.9” Length x 1.5” Depth
4. VTech Kidi Buzz G2
This is an advanced type of learning tablet for toddlers. It is over 40 games to play.
And it comes with the internet connectivity option. Well, the best part is that the internet connection is parent-controlled.
Hence, there is no danger in having your toddler use the Wi-Fi. Ahead of that, there is a series of features available in this tablet, such as the usability timer.
- Secure Wi-Fi connection
- Series of parent control protocols
- Opens the world of toddlers to a variety of learning content
- Extremely expensive
- Glitches are inevitable
- Kids can send images texts and voice messages to parent-approved contacts with the free KidiConnect app
- The sleek kid-tough smart device looks just like an adult device and comes with a shatter-safe screen
- Take photos with Wonder Masks' face filters that follow kids' movements and share with approved contacts
- Play the AR game Creature Detective plus 40+ learning games on math spelling science and more Download even more from third-party app store
- Intended for ages 4+ years This device is not a cell phone Rechargeable lithium-ion battery included Only charge the device using the included micro USB cable with the included power adapter or a computer (not included)
5. Kindle Fire Kids HD 8 – Ideal for Home Schooling
This is a full-fledge operational tablet, similar to your smartphones and tablets.
The only difference is that it is smaller in size than the regular tablet. And has comparatively smaller storage.
This tablet is apt for home schooling activities as it has very good processing capabilities when it comes to audio-visual learning programs.
- Parents and toddlers both can use this tablet
- Parental control features are awesome
- A variety of content access
- Expensive for many parents
- Many parents report battery issues
- Save up to $90 on a full-featured Fire HD 8 tablet (not a toy), 1 year of Amazon Kids+ (FreeTime Unlimited), a Kid-Proof Case with built-in stand, and 2-year worry-free guarantee, versus items purchased separately.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: if it breaks, return it and we'll replace it for free.
- The included 1 year of Amazon Kids+ gives your kids access to over 20,000 apps, games, books, videos, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- Over 20 million kids (and their parents) have enjoyed Amazon Kids (FreeTime) service. Amazon Kids parental controls allow you to set educational goals, create time limits, and filter content.
- Parents can give kids access to more apps like Netflix, Minecraft, and Zoom via the Amazon Parent Dashboard.
6. Samsung Gizmo
It is a tablet for every age. Samsung gives control to the parents to easily customize the content they want their kids to watch.
Additionally, it comes with a dashboard control solution. Parents can remotely see what their kids are doing.
Well, some parents may think that it might not be durable. But Samsung has got in a safety bumper that keeps the tablet safe.
- A tremendous amount of content is super amazing
- Parental control feature is awesome
- Network performance is fine
- Internal storage is quite limited
- Button access is uncomfortable
7. Kindle Fire Kids HD 10
Here comes the elder troll. Bigger than the previous Kindle Fire on our list, and smoother than many of its competitors.
The bigger screen is good for kids above 3 years. Further, it has tons of features that your kids will love.
- Audio performance is excellent
- Plenty of learning content
- Patchable with Alexa
- Preloaded apps are not so cool
- Parents prefer Android or iOS instead of Amazon Fire
- Up to $99 in savings on Fire HD 10 tablet, 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, and a Kid-Proof Case, versus items purchased separately - plus a 2-year worry-free guarantee.
- Not a toy, a full-featured Fire HD 10 tablet with a brilliant 10.1" 1080p Full HD display (1920 x 1200), 32 GB internal storage, and up to 10 hours of mixed-use battery life. Add a microSD card for up to 256 GB of expandable storage.
- The included 1 year of FreeTime Unlimited gives your kids access to over 20,000 popular apps and games, videos, books, Audible books, and educational content from PBS Kids, Nickelodeon, Disney, and more. Your subscription will then automatically renew every month starting at just $2.99 per month plus applicable tax. You may cancel at any time by visiting the Amazon Parent Dashboard or contacting Customer Service.
- 2-year worry-free guarantee: If it breaks, return it and we'll replace it for free.
- Introducing Spanish language content in FreeTime Unlimited, kids can now enjoy over 1,000 books, movies, and apps in Spanish that include titles and characters like Sesamo, Dora, Diego, Frozen, and more.
8. LeapFrog LeapPad – Ultimate Ready for School
This is an educational app that can help your kid in his studies. The content selection is pretty sturdy. It helps in enhancing the cognitive ability of the kids.
- Cheaper than most of its competitors
- Durable screen
- Secure content
- Battery life is too short
- Parental control is weak
- This ultimate kid-tough tablet features a 7" shatter-safe screen, multi-touch capacitive screen and a built-in bumper for durability
- Includes $110 worth of learning games, apps and videos that kids can play right away
- Access to a library of content including award-winning apps and cartridges featuring kids’ favorite characters
- Exclusive Just-for-Me learning technology built into many of the learning games adapts the curriculum to a more or less challenging level to keep kids engaged and motivated
- Includes a kid-friendly web browser that provides access to pre-selected websites all approved by learning experts
Types of Toddler Tablets
There are several types of learning tablets. Some are recognized based on their shape.
And some have advance features. To make it simple, we have categorized the learning tablet for toddlers into two types.
The first being the basic tablets. These tablets just have the games, rhymes, and poems in them.
Some basic types may also include games and a camera. And the second one is the advanced type. Such tablets have Wi-Fi in them.
There are some key aspects to consider when buying the learning tablet for toddlers.
The foremost aspect is the price. Price is the most considerable point. And parents are very much concerned about that.
However, if this aspect could be postponed, it will help the buyer to get the best tablet.
One of the main aspects to consider is the reason. Why are you getting the tablet for your toddler?
Need for an Educational Tablet
Certainly, parents get educational tablets for toddlers to make them learn numbers, basic math, English alphabets, and rhymes.
Check out the learning features on the tablet before getting it. The next thing to consider is the parental control.
Then comes the durability. Since toddlers have to use it, it is sure they will hammer it around.
So it should have enough to bear the strikes. Next to that is the battery life.
A tablet is of no benefit if you have to put it on the charge all the time. When will your baby use it?
Screen Size & Weight
Finally, the screen size and weight. A screen not too big and neither too small is great.
As toddlers have very sensitive eyes and they cannot look at very big or very small screens.
Also, the colors should not be sharp. Further, it should be lightweight, so that your baby can pick it.
The educational tablet for young kids works the same way as conventional smartphones or tablets.
Turn it on, and open the content you wish your baby to see. It is pretty simple and needs very less learning.
Why should I get a tablet for my toddler?
Learning tablets are a great way to home school kids. They help them learn counting, reading and enhance their listening skills.
Are screens good for kids under the age of 3?
That is why the expert manufacturers do not install screens in the tablets.
What is the best age to give your kid a tablet?
Every age is good to use a tablet. It depends on what type of tablet you are giving to your kid to use.
Learning the fun way is long-lasting remembrance. Learning by watching and then repeating can help kids to learn fast.
The learning tables for toddlers are a good aid for the parents to make their kids learn and enhance their cognitive approach of thinking.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.