With society becoming more fast-paced, online trading has become more popular than ever.
To carry out this activity, it is essential to use the Best Tablet for Day Trading forex, stocks, etc.
In this article, we will delve deeper into how suitable some tablet devices are for online trading, particularly for the trading of Foreign Exchange (Forex).
There are many factors to consider when choosing a tablet for Forex trading, the most important of them being their processing power and their price.
Although Forex trading is not the most process-intensive activity out there by any means, there are several applications that may be resource-intensive and may even require additional software for them to be supported, hence requiring powerful processors.
For trading, 2-in-1 tablets would be very good options due to them having the portability of standard tablets along with the functionality of a keyboard, making Forex trading easier and more efficient.
So you might be wondering, Which Tablet is the best for Stock Trading?
Quick Answer: Apple iPad Pro – The 12.9-inch iPad Pro is an excellent choice if you want a tablet to use with the stock trading as it offers many different apps related to trading specifically.
Usually, tablets with bigger screen sizes, i.e. 12-inch tablets are more suitable for trading purposes.
Comparison of Tablets for Day Trading
|TOP PICK||Apple iPad Pro
|Microsoft Surface Pro 7
|Microsoft Surface GO
|Galaxy Tab S7
List of the Top Tablets for Day Trading in 2022
1 – Apple iPad Pro – Best Overall Stock Trading Online
2 – Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best Tablet for Forex Trading
3 – Microsoft Surface GO – Best Tablet for Share Trading
4 – Lenovo Tab M10+ – Best Tablet for Crypto Trading
5 – Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 – Best Tablet for TradingView & Meta Trader 4
5 Best Tablets for Day Trading (Forex, Stocks) in 2022
1. Microsoft Surface GO 2 – Best Overall Stock Trading Online
One of the best 2-in-1 tablets available for trading Forex is the Microsoft Surface GO 2 tablet.
This device consists of a high-resolution 10.5-inch PixelSense display that can be viewed, touched, and written on.
Despite its 10.5-inch screen, it has a super light surface, making its total weight only 1.2 pounds (0.54 kg). Importantly, it has a battery life lasting up to 9 hours and has an ambient light sensor. The device is, according to Microsoft’s own words, streamlined for security and superior performance.
Despite not being the most powerful device on our list, this tablet definitely is one of the most affordable out there while still being very effective for online trading.
However, if you require a device that requires more processing power to carry out more demanding tasks, this might not be the best choice.
With that being said, this would be a good choice for a beginner in the trading ecosystem.
- Starting at just 1.2 pounds (not including Type Cover), with new 10.5” touchscreen.
- Battery life up to 10 hours. Perfect for browsing, shopping, emails, and homework
- Tablet portability, performance and laptop versatility with adjustable Kickstand and Signature Type Cover.
- Stay connected with included USB-C port and headphone jack. Full HD front- and rear-facing cameras let you make crisp, clear calls to friends and family, or take and share great photos.
- Hi-res touchscreen is perfect for browsing, playing, and binge watching.
2. Asus Chromebook Flip C434 – Best Tablet for Forex Trading
Another great tablet for Forex trading is the Asus Chromebook Flip C434. Unlike the Microsoft Surface GO, this 2-in-1 tablet is focused more on performance.
The Asus Chromebook Flip C434 boasts a Full HD 14-inch touchscreen with a 4-way NanoEdge crystal-clear display, a backlit keyboard, and a durable 360-degree hinge which allows the device to be flipped to tent, stand, tablet, and traditional laptop modes.
Its specifications include an Intel Core m3-8100Y processor with a 1.1 GHz frequency for super-fast performance, as well 4 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC storage, perfect for carrying out strenuous trading-related activities.
Despite all of this, the 2-in-1 tablet only weighs a meager 3 pounds in total due to its all-aluminum lightweight body without compromising on durability.
Running on a Chrome OS, its OS is updated and made better every year by Google, making it even better equipped to deal with Forex trading activities.
All of this, however, comes at a higher cost compared to the Microsoft Surface GO, and might not be the ideal choice for a beginner.
That being said, if you are an experienced and confident trader who is willing to spend extra for a device that will allow you to carry out your trading activities more smoothly, then this is a good choice for you.
- 14 inch Touchscreen FHD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14 inch screen to fit in the body of a 13inch laptop footprint.
- The FHD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode.
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease.
- 4GB DDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1s Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a super bright backlit keyboard.
- The lightweight (3lbs) all-aluminum metal body makes the C434 both durable and beautiful for a timeless look that will never go out of style.
The Dell XPS 13 is an excellent 2-in-1 device for Forex trading. Although it is similar to the Asus Chromebook Flip C434 on the fact that its main focus is performance, this device takes it to the next level.
The Dell XPS 13 has the world’s first-ever Infinity Display of 13.3-inch Full HD Backlit WLED screen.
It consists of a 5th Generation Broadwell Intel Core i5-5200 of a frequency of 2.20 GHz, plus Turbo Boost Technology allowing for a frequency of 2.70 GHz.
It also boasts a 4 GB RAM, 128GB SSD, and an Intel HD Graphics 5500 GPU, allowing even the most stressful of trading activities for most CPUs to run super smoothly. Despite all of this, it only weighs 2.6 pounds and, importantly, has a battery life lasting up to 15 hours.
A device consisting of all of the above would justifiably have a huge price tag to go along with it, and the Dell XPS 13 is no exception.
This is where you need to ask yourself the question: Is this what I need or is all this too much? You need to be very careful when answering this.
There are many devices available in the market that are able to run Forex trading related applications.
Most of these devices, however, are not as powerful as the Dell XPS 13, and along with carrying out these activities, the Dell XPS 13 is able to handle other, non-trading related applications at the same time.
So, to sum up, it is a rugged work tablet perfect for all kinds of outdoor or field work coupled with it’s super portability.
However, if you want a device which will allow you to not only carry out Forex trading activities but also allow you to multitask by handling other applications and activities at the same time, then you should definitely consider the Dell XPS 13, particularly if your trading activities require a lot of processing power.
- Every little detail comes to life on the XPS 13's Full HD infinity display. Its 1920 x 1080 resolution delivers twice as many pixels as standard HD (720p) for beautiful clarity no matter what you're looking at. It's perfect for kicking back with some entertainment or leaning in for precise photo and video edits.
- Premium craftsmanship and design make this laptop a real head-turner. Its all-aluminum body is strong, durable, and stylish, while its carbon-fiber base is tough and thin like aluminum but cooler to the touch. And since it's ultra-thin and weighs just 2.6 pounds, it's a breeze to carry wherever you're headed.
- Leave your charger at home. With an industry-best 15 hours* of battery life, the XPS 13 keeps you powered up for full days of work and long nights of play.
- The powerful fifth-generation Intel Core i5 processor is 30% more efficient than previous models and uses less power while enabling much longer battery life. And with smart features like Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 and Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, you get full processing power exactly where and when you need it.
- Dell states that the new XPS 13 for 2015 is the "smallest 13-inch laptop on the planet," thanks primarily to the 13.3-inch borderless display that’s squeezed into an 11-inch size laptop. That doesn’t affect the keyboard though, you’re still getting a full size backlit chiclet keyboard. Alongside that, Dell has vastly improved the trackpad. I was very surprised with the new XPS 13. It’s using a glass button and a precision trackpad, which is something Microsoft has been encouraging OEMs to implement. Precision trackpads allow Windows 8.1 to directly control the pointer, multi-touch, and gesture support in trackpads, making them feel more like a mini touch-screen with smoother scrolling and better zooming and panning support. Gliding around with the Dell XPS 13 feels very smooth. Either way, you’ll want a precision trackpad on your next laptop.
4. HP Spectre x360 – Best Tablet for Crypto Trading
With the Asus Chromebook Flip C434 focusing on power and the Dell XPS 13 taking it a step further, it is now time to look at the HP Spectre x 360, a device which will take it to an even higher level.
Considered to be the best 2-in-1 device created by HP, its specifications certainly live up to the billing, having a 13.3 inch diagonal FHD IPS Radiance Infinity LED-Backlit touch screen display (yes, you read that right) while still having a battery life of up to 12 hours.
The device also consists of an Intel Core i7-7500U processor with an Intel HD Graphics 520 GPU with a frequency of 2.7 GHz up to 3.1 GHz along with Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
Related Article: Best Motherboards For Ryzen 7 3700X
With 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD storage, and several other features as well, it is by far the most impressive device on our list, and is certainly the most capable of handling several trading applications and activities at lightning-fast speeds.
This is where your choice of choosing the right device for carrying out your Forex trading activities can range from being described as smart or maddening.
Being easily the most expensive device on our list, choosing this simply for the task of carrying out Forex-trading activities would be an absolutely mid-boggling decision, unless you’re running around 100 Forex applications at the same time (which is highly unlikely).
Therefore, one should only consider the HP Spectre x360 for Forex trading if they have a lot of money to spend and if they have many other process-intensive applications to run at the same time.
Having such a device solely for the purpose of Forex or Stock Trading would both be a waste of its capabilities and your money.
- - 13.3" diagonal FHD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit touch screen with Corning Gorilla Glass NBT (1920 x 1080), HP Active Stylus - 2 Thunderbolt 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, Power Delivery, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (HP Sleep and Charge); 1 headphone/microphone combo, Accelerometer; Gyroscope; eCompass - 512 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD, 16 GB LPDDR3-2133 SDRAM (onboard), HP TrueVision FHD IR Camera with Dual array digital microphone, Webcam supports Windows Hello - Intel 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 Combo, Bang & Olufsen, Quad speakers, HP Audio Boost, HP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture support - NEWEST 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8550U (1.8 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)+Intel UHD Graphics 620 (16 GB), Windows 10 Home 64 - Dark Ash Color
5. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best Tablet for TradingView & Meta Trader 4
Having seen some of the more powerful 2-in-1 tablets suitable for Forex trading, it is a good idea to look into some lying in the middle-ground, along with one of the more economical options in. The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is one such device.
Being a detachable 2-in-1 tablet, users can switch to full tablet mode for added convenience. It has an ultra-slim design and weighs only 1.7 pounds.
It consists of a 10th Generation Intel Core Processor with an impressive frequency of 2.7 GHz.
Very importantly. its battery lasts up to 10 and a half hours, and has a very impressive recharge time, going from 0% to 80% in just an hour.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a very good option for both beginners and experts of Forex trading.
If Forex trading is something you not only want to try out but also improve on (hence using more processing-intense applications in the process), then this device would be very suitable for you at a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you day trade on a tablet?
Yes. A tablet can be used for day trading purposes.
This means that you can see your live portfolio and the capital gains/losses on the go, take actions such as buying and selling stocks, checking the index levels, etc. while at work or on vacation.
However, because of quirks in how mobile browsers handle scripting and secure connections an investor cannot make a trade through their tablet browser without first logging into an account with the same credentials as they would use on a desktop computer (e.g., username and password).
Are tablets good for stock trading?
Yes, tablets are a great tool for stock trading.
Aside from communication and office applications, tablets are, in fact, a perfect stock trading device.
They offer a smooth and intuitive touch screen interface with which you can monitor your portfolio while on the go.
You can place trades directly on your tablet through dedicated apps for brokerages such as forex and equities trading platforms; however, you will still need to log into your account with the same credentials to be able to trade.
Can I use the iPad for trading?
Yes, the iPad can be used for day trading stocks.
You will need to download an app that is geared specifically towards the type of stocks you want to trade (e.g., if you’re going to be trading equities then download the app “Tradeo” onto your tablet).
This means that you will need to set up your online brokerage account and sign in to it in order for the browser on your tablet to show graphs and charts, allowing you to trade on a quicker and more mobile basis as opposed to using a desktop browser software.
To end, we need to ask the same question we asked ourselves in the beginning, which is: What should I look for when choosing a tablet for Forex trading?
With several options now in front of us, we must make this decision based on what we require the most.
You have budget-choices for less process-intensive trading activities, expensive choices for more process-intensive applications, and those lying in the middle-ground.
Regardless of how confusing this choice can be, we wish you the best of luck for your Forex trading journey, and if you ever need an idea in deciding what tablet to choose, you can always come back to this article to help you.