We tried playing Fortnite on each of the tablets that we examine, and based on that, here are our suggestions:
The craze of PUBG & Fortnite specially is sky-rocketing and people of all ages want to become victorious at the Battle Royale shooter.
While playing on a PlayStation or PC console can be adequate, it isn’t as satisfying as beating your way around heavy traffic early in the morning by playing Fortnite on your tablet.
However, which tablet can maximize your Fortnite playing experience?
So without further ado, let’s delve deep into the list of the Best Tablet for Fortnite gaming.
Best Tablet for Playing Fortnite
1. Apple iPad Pro (12.9 and 11-inch)
In the hard-pressed and occupied times, not many can rival the gaming experience provided than the iPad.
iPad Pro is the best there is. It comes in 11 and 12.9 inches, meaning you get plenty of screen to immerse yourself in the game.
Moreover, with this perfect screen size and aspect ratio, you can choose to use it as a handheld console, as well one set up with a stand on the table.
The A12X Bionic chip makes our case even stronger by providing you with incredible speeds to operate at, without lagging even at the top-most settings.
For learning more about the processors for Fortnite generally refer to this on article at PCGearLab.
- 11-Inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with Promotion, true Tone, and wide Color
- A12X Bionic chip with Neural Engine, Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP back camera, 7MP True Depth front camera, Four speaker Audio with wider Stereo sound
- v802. 11AC Wi-Fi and gigabit-class LTE cellular data, Up to 10 hours of battery life
2. Apple iPad Air (10.5-inch)
Sandwiched between the new iPad Pro and the regular iPad, the iPad Air aims to balance performance and price.
In our opinion, it is quite successful in doing so. With its A12 Bionic processor, the gaming experience is still great and nothing too different than the costlier alternative of iPad Pro, even when we tried it at the peak graphics.
The 10.5-inch screen is only marginally smaller than iPad Pro, which is not a bad compromise given the price it is offered at, without taking away anything significant from experience. The biggest drawback when compared to the Pro is only the missing four-speakers setting in the iPad Air.
However, the two speakers it offers are decent enough, and if need be, there always are the good ol’ headphones!
- The 10.5" touch screen LED-backlit display and 1668 x 2224 resolution will have playing all day!
- Lighten your load with this light weight tablet and entertain your down time with its long lasting battery.
- This Apple tablet comes with 64GB of drive space so you will have plenty of memory to save meaningful data.
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There is no question that Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is 2021’s fastest in the Android category, which is pretty clear when Fortnite and other games are played on it.
It is equipped with the finest hardware in the market, which makes it perfect for the game, even at the highest graphics settings.
Moreover, the quad-stereo speakers provide the users with significantly better sound quality than the other alternatives.
It is, in fact, remarkable to see this sound quality in the sleek and slim design of the Galaxy Tab S6.
Yes, we said sleek and slim! It comes in at just 5.7mm of thickness and has a weight of only 420 grams, which is critical when talking about the portability of the device.
The AMOLED display is also unparalleled. In addition, the battery tests we did, proved that what the Galaxy Tab S6 offers is quite simply among the best in the market.
- The 2-in-1 that’s your all-in-one. Instantly transform your Android tablet into a PC desktop experience when you attach the keyboard with built-in trackpad.
- Power to multitask. Thanks to the speed of the fast mobile processor, rapidly switch between apps and tasks or immerse yourself in graphic-intensive games. Plus, get PC-caliber internal RAM.
- All-new S Pen included. Now the included S Pen lets you pause and skip at the press of the button. Plus, you can still mark up papers, sign docs and take notes. The S Pen even attaches magnetically for easy storage and charging.Bluetooth profiles:A2DP,AVRCP,DI,HID,HOGP,HSP,OPP,PAN
- Light on weight. Heavy on entertainment. With a spectacular edge-to-edge super Amoled display, superior graphics and quad speakers tuned by AKG, get drawn into immersive games—all on a 2-in-1 that only weighs about a pound.
- More hours of power. With up to 15 hours1on a full charge, you can create and edit all day, plus enjoy continuous browsing and streaming. Then quickly recharge the Fast-Charging battery. Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps). Camera resolution (front) - 8.0 MP
4. Apple iPad Mini
Another choice for gaming we present you with is the 2019 iPad Mini.
Equipped with the equivalent A12 Bionic processor, similar to that present in the aforementioned iPad Air, this tablet has no issues in running Fortnite smoothly on the most elevated graphical settings, i.e., the Epic level.
It does have a con, though. The screen size of 7.9 inches, is a lot smaller than the iPad Pro, which decreases the available visible space for gaming.
The reduced size, however, makes the device more comfortable to carry around.
Aside from that, it is for all intents and purposes indistinguishable from the Apple iPad Air, donning a Retina display, which is both anti-reflective as well as laminated.
- 7. 9-Inch Retina Display with True Tone and wide Color
- A12 Bionic chip. 802. 11AC Wi-Fi
- Touch ID Fingerprint Sensor
- 8MP back camera, 7MP FaceTime HD Front camera
- Stereo speakers. Up to 10 hours of battery life
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
People with Android devices have constrained choices with regards to Fortnite.
Your alternatives essentially entail the Galaxy Tab S line of Samsung, whose best candidate is the Galaxy Tab S4.
Mainly this is due to the AMOLED display comprising of 10.5 inches, as compared to the S3 version, which only gives 9.7 inches. At 7300 mAH, the battery power of S4 is also unparalleled. This helps in engaging in long and uninterrupted Fortnite sessions.
It is also bundled with a 2.35 GHz Octa-Core processor powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, which does an adequate job for your gaming experience, even if it falls behind the specifications of the iPad in this regard.
- Main Display Size 10.5" Super AMOLED
- 64GB Storage Capacity - Expandable memory up to 400GB
- 13MP rear-facing camera. 8MP front-facing camera
- Processor Octa-Core (2.35GHz + 1.9GHz)
- T-Mobile + Wi-Fi - S Pen not included
6. Apple iPad 7 (2019)
Even though it is equipped with the equivalent A-10 processor as the model it succeeded, the iPad 7 offers better performance due to its expanded RAM limit of 3 GB, giving a direct increase of 1 GB.
For one, the new model accompanies an expanded RAM limit of 3GB versus 2GB, which is especially helpful in running huge applications, like Fortnite.
Increased RAM ensures that even if you click on other applications to check notifications, coming back on the game will not result in any hampered progress, whatsoever.
Apart from that, the iPad also does not compromise on the performance either, permitting you to play at ‘High’ settings.
This is an incredible value for a gadget that costs approximately $300.
Moreover, it also provides the user with a larger display size of 10.2 inches and general measurements nearer to those of the iPad Air!
The App Store is actually loaded up with games enhanced explicitly for the iPad 7 equipment, in addition to the spacious screen, sufficient to have a good gaming session of Fortnite.
Add to that Apple’s all-encompassing software optimization, and it means that this iPad can keep being your favorite gaming device for the near future.
- 10.2-inch Retina display
- A10 Fusion chip
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- 8MP back camera, 1.2MP FaceTime HD front camera
- Stereo speakers
7. Apple iPad 6 (2018)
In the event that you are searching for a cheaper alternative, the discussion of each one of those costlier Apple tablets might not have been pleasant.
However, don’t worry as we’ve got you covered.
Fortunately, even the least expensive iPad version that is still available in the market, the iPad 6 flawlessly executes Fortnite, unlike its Android counterparts.
It still has to be known that the display size is slightly reduced, and neither is it fully protected.
There are also only two speakers as opposed to four present in the iPad Pro, which negatively impacts the sound quality.
Nonetheless, Apple’s A10 Fusion processor doesn’t hold back much on execution, and you can immerse yourself in the Fortnite experience without agonizing over slacks or irregularities.
- Renewed products look and work like new. These pre-owned products have been inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers, which typically perform a full diagnostic test, replacement of any defective parts, and a thorough cleaning process. Packaging and accessories may be generic. All products on Amazon Renewed come with a minimum 90-day supplier-backed warranty.
8. Galaxy Tab S3
Immediately after the S4 Tab hit the stores, we saw a sudden reduction in the prices of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, hence providing us with a feasible and cheaper option as compared to the Galaxy Tab S4.
The tablet does not have any noticeable problems In playing Fortnite despite being equipped with the older Snapdragon 820 SoC technology, apart from the rare lag it faces when a lot of programs are loaded together.
However, a downside to the tablet is its less powerful battery of 6000 mAH, meaning it won’t suffice for an extended gaming session.
Although it misses the Dolby Atmos software, as well as a smaller screen size when compared with the newer Galaxy Tab S4, the S3 still stands as a viable choice for gaming, given its value for money.
- Includes the Samsung S Pen Stylus; Expandable memory up to 400GB; Processor Speed: Quad Core(2.15 GHz + 1.6 GHz Quad)
- Featuring High Dynamic Range on a Super AMOLED display, the Galaxy Tab S3 delivers cinematic vividness, detail and deep contrast to a screen that fits in your hands
- Our revolutionary S Pen is more precise and pressure-responsive than ever, and never needs to be charged, liberating you to create, translate, and navigate without limits
- Powerful Quad speakers, tuned by AKG, calibrate with your movements as you rotate the Galaxy Tab S3, and intuitively reflect what’s playing on-screen
- Easily switch from touch to type with a feather-light keyboard that auto-pairs, attaches on contact and never needs charging (keyboard sold separately)
9. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor, this tablet is the first Samsung gadget to contain these features hence making it well equipped to run a game like Fortnite.
However, due to it being a new addition in the series, there is a lack of coherence between the software and the hardware capabilities, which results in issues at higher graphic settings.
Similar to the S4, the 10.5-inch screen maintains the aspect ratio of 16:9 and also contains the four-speaker array sound system backed by Dolby Atmos.
As we shed light on the features, we can say that S5e is a feasible choice to play Fortnite games, at least casually.
- Ultra light for on the go; Lighter than a pound, our slimmest tablet won't add weight to your load; Stream, browse and more on eye catching metal design
- Crisp; Clear; Captivating; Get drawn in to the 10; 5 inches Super AMOLED display with an immersive 16: 10 ratio widescreen; Shows and movies come to life in true to life color and crisp, clear details
- Smartly connected; Control all your connected devices from your tablet; Adjust lights, control your TV, lock doors and even adjust the thermostat; Plus, get the details If you get a security camera alert
- Charge Fast and go; Get up to 15 hours of video on a full charge and power up quickly with fast charging
- Get 4 months of ad free YouTube and YouTube music with your Samsung Galaxy device
10. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Before we dwell in the Review of Microsoft Surface Pro 7, let us clarify that this device isn’t the best suited for gaming.
It is essentially designed for work purposes and is best known for its portability feature.
However, this doesn’t mean that the device doesn’t allow for some light Fortnite gaming sessions, especially when one wants to take a break from work or their tedious schedules.
During the testing, we concluded that this latest Surface Pro 7 can run the game on medium to low graphic settings.
The fact that this is a device not designed for gaming, we have to give the due credits for being able to do this even.
On the flip side, the tablet offers a screen size of more than 12 inches, along with a pair of stereo speakers facing the front, which can make your experience worthwhile.
It surely does not come close to the experience that a PC offers, but it still can be considered as a viable option for some casual gaming here and there!
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life up to 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
11. Microsoft Surface Pro 6
The latest Core i5 and Core i7 8th generation processors made by Intel are vastly superior to the Intel Core M, particularly in playing video games like Fortnite.
This means that the new Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is another good choice for playing the game casually.
Packed with a resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixels on a 12.3 inches of screen size, alongside an incredible contrast ratio at 1500:1, the sight of the Battle Royal game on this tablet is definitely vivid and splendid. Moreover, the sound quality is also quite fresh and powerful.
Add to this a long-lasting battery, one which is even comparable to the ARM processor-equipped rival, and you get another suitable tablet choice for playing Fortnite on.
- A best in class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet
- More power now with the new 8th Generation Intel Core processor
- Ultra slim and light, starting at just 1.7 pounds. Sensors : Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
- All day battery life, with upto 13.5 hours of video playback
- Pair with our signature type cover in luxurious Alcantara material and rich colors for a full keyboard experience
12. Lenovo MIIX 520
Having practically indistinguishable details to the aforementioned Surface Pro, Lenovo’s MIIX 520 offers a decent option at a lower cost in comparison to Microsoft’s main 2-in-1 tablet.
As it equipped with the equivalent 8th gen Intel Core i5 processor that is present in the Microsoft powered device, it is fit for playing Fortnite at medium to low graphic settings.
To conclude, it is a much more economically feasible option in case you’re searching for a 2-in-1 tablet that uses the Windows OS and can also allow you to play the Battle Royal game.
- 2-IN-1 LAPTOP: This convertible laptop features an optinal fingerprint reader for login, a 256-piece watchband hinge providing strength and flexibility, and an ergonomic keyboard that doubles as a folio case to protect its screen.
- THEATER-LIKE MULTIMEDIA: 12-inch Detachable has a vibrant, full high-definition touchscreen display with Dolby-enabled stereo speakers, perfect for binge watching on the couch or listening to your favorite music.
- CUTTING-EDGE PERFORMANCE: This portable computer features the latest Intel Quad-Core processor and 256GB PCIe SSD storage so that you can enjoy exceptional performance and responsivenesse, plus an 8 hour battery life to suit your life on-the-go.
- INTEGRATED CAMERA: Snap high-quality photos with the 5MP Forward-Facing camera and the 8MP Rear-Facing camera or video chat with friends and keep background noise at bay with the Miix 520's crisp, clear audio that let's you turn the volume all the way up without distorting the sound.
- MAXIMUM CREATIVITY: With a few strokes of the Active Pen 2 on its screen, you will be able to post updates and comments on social media, reply to emails, generate directions, and so much more, or use the WorldView camera to create, capture, and share 3D moments.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.