Tablets today are not merely used for the purpose of entertainment.
Today most tablets are designed to be an integral part of work, especially interior design.
Hence we have reviewed some of the best tablet for interior design.
When required the hybrid tabs can be converted to laptops with accessories along side so you have a full-fledged portable computer on the go.
Whether you are on the field explaining your creative designs to workers or taking notes in a meeting, you have to have the best tab for designers on you for a brilliant performance.
Best Tablet for Interior Designers
Here are the best drawing tablets for interior designers, let’s take a detailed look at each.
1. Apple iPad Pro
Everyone’s favorite and most suitable for all kinds of professionals, Apple iPad Pro is a beauty that looks good in hand and performs exceptionally great. Depending upon your requirement you can choose from an 11-inch or a 12.9-inch screen that is edge to edge liquid retina display that has ProMotion, True-tone and p3 wide color gamut giving you a real life like image so that your designs are viewed with crisp perfection. Again, the memory varies from 128GB, 256 GB, 512 GB and 1 TB so you can pick what suits best to your usage.
Thanks to the A12Z bionic chip with 64-bit desktop class architecture, Neural engine and embedded M12 coprocessor you can run multiple applications together multitasking and using the web browser at the same time. Since architecture is all about design and accuracy you can trust the apple pencil and magic keyboard to do the needful when you want to work on your creative flow. Further, the LiDAR scanner is available to assist you in taking any kind of measurements of your drawings or sketches.
In a single charge you can comfortably use the tablet on WiFi for a good 10 hours, that’s more than equivalent to a work day. Additionally, a 12 MP wide camera, 10 MP Ultra-wide cameras for rear cameras and 7 MP True depth front camera is an added benefit for an architecture to click images that can be used for work and their true depth can make it all the more ideal to understand and the layout of construction designs.
- Brilliant processing speed means seamless work
- True-Tone display means you get to see crisp and bright images that help you with your designs
- Compatibility with Apple Pen and Magic Key board makes it ideal for drawing
- Good battery
- The hefty price doesn’t make it ideal for everyone
- 12.9-Inch Edge-to-Edge Liquid Retina Display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 Wide Color
- A12Z Bionic Chip with Neural Engine - 802.11AX Wi-Fi 6 - Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life/Charge
- 12MP Wide Camera, 10MP Ultra Wide Camera, 7MP TrueDepth Front Camera, and LIDAR Scanner
- Four Speaker Audio and Five Studio-Quality Microphones - Face ID for Secure Authentication and Apple Pay
- USB-C Connector for Charging and Accessories - Support for Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard Folio, and Apple Pencil
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7 12.3″
Whether you wish to use the Microsoft Surface Pro like a tab or a laptop, you can choose to use it however you want. The built-in kick stand makes it easier to stand the tab when in laptop mode. The 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor means you can effortlessly work with no interruption in between with multiple apps and web browsing altogether.
Given the storage capacity ranging from 128 GB to 1 TB interior designers can save up to designs and concepts without restrictions on storage. With roughly 8 hours of battery, you can expect to have enough power to get by an average working day. You can pair up the Surface Pro 7 with a keyboard and surface slim pen & surface pen both with 4096 pressure points to give your drawings precision. 1.6W stereo speakers with Dolby Audio helps when you feel like unwinding after a long day at work.
- Decent Battery
- Good processing powers
- Compatibility with surface pens and keyboard aiding in drawings and designs
- Good speakers
- Camera quality isn’t extra ordinary
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than Surface Pro 6, with a 10th Gen Intel Core Processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-C and USB-A ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light Surface Pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All-day battery life up to 10.5 hours, plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80% in just over an hour
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5″
One of or favorites amongst the android tabs that can be converted into a laptop with keyboard. And its compactness plus light weight ensures that you can comfortably carry it around with you anytime. The 10.5-inch OLED HDR display is ideal for designing and layout purpose to give a holistic picture. The snapdragon 855
You can multi-task as much as you want, the 855 Snapdragon makes sure that your work, leisure all stay uninterrupted. The memory is extendable beyond 256 GB. And paired with an S pen the tab is functional for taking notes, drawing, sketching everything that an interior designer looks for. On a single charge the battery will last up to a good 15 hours which is more than any discussed so far. In connectivity options, you have a nano sim slot, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0 so you are all set for various media connections.
- Great sound thanks to Dolby Atmos
- Good processing powers
- Great battery on a single charge
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi, Sim, Bluetooth 5.0
- Pricey plus the accessories are an additional cost
- The 2 in 1 that’s your all in 1; Instantly transform your Android tablet into a PC desktop experience when you attach the keyboard with built in trackpad
- Power to multitask; Thanks to the speed of the fast mobile processor, rapidly switch between apps and tasks or immerse yourself in graphic intensive games; Plus, get PC caliber internal RAM
- All new S Pen included; Now the included S Pen lets you pause and skip at the press of the button; Plus, you can still mark up papers, sign docs and take notes; The S Pen even attaches magnetically for easy storage and charging
- Light on weight; Heavy on entertainment; With a spectacular edge to edge Super AMOLED display, superior graphics and quad speakers tuned by AKG, get drawn into immersive games all on a 2 in 1 that only weighs about a pound.Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
- More hours of power; With up to 15 hours1on a full charge, you can create and edit all day, plus enjoy continuous browsing and streaming; Then quickly recharge the Fast Charging battery
4. Google Pixel Slate 12.3″
Google has paved its way into the tablet/laptops industry and once you get the hang of its Chromebook operation system, you are on a fast track to multi-tasking endlessly. Designing, sketching, drawing or layout floorplans, you name it and it can be easily done the Google Pixel with the pen that comes along with it.
A 12.3 LCD screen is big enough for large scale drawings and sketches so no detail of the interior is missed upon. With a 12 hour of workable battery on a single charge, you can comfortably carry it with you to work/meetings or field visits without worrying of the tab dying. Plus, you get Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity so you can media connection options to work with. One of the greatest things about the Pixel Slate is its dual front-firing speakers that give a surround sound effect and along with it are two mics that improve the noise cancellation feature. And last but definitely not the least is the presence of its 2 USB-C ports for charging, 4K display output and a quick data transfer port that means you can quickly access data on hard drives and exchange data easily on the go.
- Pen is not to be purchased separately keeping the cost fixed
- Great battery hours on a single charge
- Surround sound
- Big display
- Not everyone is accustomed to the Chromebook OS
- Camera quality is average
- Keyboard and pen/stylus are sold separately
- Google pixel slate is made to deliver brilliant entertainment, portable performance and everything you love about google for how you live & work today
- 12.3 inch molecular display with 6 million pixels brings your favorite movies and videos to life. Tuned to perfection, the dual front firing speakers deliver a premium audio experience
- Get more done with powerful multitasking tools including split screen, multi window browsing, and collaboration apps like google docs, sheets, and slides
- Pixel slate automatically updates in the background, so you’ll always have the latest features and security without any hassles
5. Microsoft Surface Go MHN-00015 10 inch
Small in size but big on looks, this little beauty is just the stylish slate for an interior design to carry around. It is powered by dual core Intel Pentium Gold Processor, the Microsoft Surface Go lets you multi-task, and browse the web altogether.
Thanks to the intel HD 615 graphics, you get an edge on high quality designs and layouts. You can hook it up with Surface Go signature type cover that has a backlit keyset and large track pad or an S Pen that lets you capture your thoughts as you think. You can shade with no virtual lag and express your thoughts anywhere anytime.
Battery gives an average of 9 hours on one complete charge. Surface Go comes WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity options, making your life easy all the more.
- 2W stereo speakers with Dolby Audios gives a brilliant sound
- Has a built in kick-stand and type cover to switch it into a laptop or portable studio
- HD 615 graphics
- Average battery life
- Slow – you cannot seamlessly open a lot of tasks together
- Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Dual-Core Processor 1.6 GHz / 8GB LPDDR3 SDRAM / 128GB Solid State Drive
- 10-inch PixelSense Full HD 10-point Multi-touch Display 1800 x 1200 / Intel HD Graphics 615 / microSDXC Memory Card Reader
- 5.0MP front-facing 1080p full HD camera / 8.0MP rear-facing 1080p full HD camera / 802.11ac Wireless and Bluetooth 4.1 / 1 x USB-C
- Dolby Audio Premium Sound / Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light Sensor, magnetometer, Gyro sensor
- Surface Connect port / Stereo speakers / Windows 10 Pro
6. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5″
Not just a tablet but an instant laptop for you on the go. Its sleek metal design is feather light to carry around and ideal for interior designs for various reasons. It’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor provides moderate to good power to draw, design and browse however and wherever you want. You get multiple connectivity options, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct and Bluetooth 5.0 plus 4 speakers by AKG and cinematic Dolby Atmos sound to make sure it’s a treat when you want to use it for entertainment purposes. 10.5 inches of super AMOLED display comes in handy in viewing bright and clear drawings for interior make overs.
And most excitedly, the battery can last up to 15 hours of video play back so you can easily work the whole day without a charge.
- 15 hours of battery on a single charge
- Elegant design
- Dolby Atmos Cinematic Sound
- Moderate power
- Wi-Fi signal reception is weak in horizontal use
- Ultra light for on the go; Lighter than a pound, our slimmest tablet won't add weight to your load; Stream, browse and more on eye catching metal design
- Crisp; Clear; Captivating; Get drawn in to the 10; 5 inches Super AMOLED display with an immersive 16: 10 ratio widescreen; Shows and movies come to life in true to life color and crisp, clear details
- Smartly connected; Control all your connected devices from your tablet; Adjust lights, control your TV, lock doors and even adjust the thermostat; Plus, get the details If you get a security camera alert.Video playing format:MP4,M4V,3GP,3G2,WMV,ASF,AVI,FLV,MKV,WEBM
- Charge Fast and go; Get up to 15 hours of video on a full charge and power up quickly with fast charging
- Get 4 months of ad free YouTube and YouTube music with your Samsung Galaxy device
7. Apple iPad Air 10.5-inch
The immersive AR experience makes it the highlight for any designer and coupled with its light weight design you conveniently carry it around to work and meetings. The A12 Bionic Chip makes it a powerful machine to perform high power tasks together like editing videos, drawing, sketching, making 3D models or even stream.
The eSIM slot ensures it works on LTE along with Wi-Fi. Its workable for up to 10 hours on a full charge. Thanks to the True Tone display you can enjoy enriched designs on your 10.5-inch retina display. Couple it with an Apple Pencil and keyboard to let your creative juices flowing.
- Ideal for Augmented Reality based tasks makes it the dream tab for Interior Designers
- Lies on the expensive end
- Sporting enough storage to to get things done, this Apple tablet comes with 256GB of drive space so you will have plenty of memory to save meaningful data.
- The 10.5" touch screen LED-backlit display and 2224 x 1668 resolution will have playing all day!
- Lighten your load with this light weight tablet and entertain your down time with its long lasting battery.
This brings us to conclude the list of best slates for interior designers. While all 7 tabs on the list are great to be used by interior designers, Apple iPad Pro despite being pricy ranks the highest given its powerful performance, elegant design and True Tone display. But if you are on a budget, Microsoft Surface Go 2 will get you equally good performance in half the price.