If you’re a student looking for a suitable tablet both for school and entertaining, you’ve come to the right place.
Here we will review some of the best tablets for college students on a budget.
Get an amazing tablet that will not only help you take notes during class but will be able to provide you with everything else such as YouTube and Netflix.
The market has a variety of choices for tablets designed for students who require a lot of research work in their studies.
Everybody knows that in the 21st century a book and pen might not cut and most of our tasks are assigned for computer technology.
You will accomplish a lot during your time in college and in order to succeed with your task easily and efficiently you need the best tablet-computer there is.
Why a Tablet?
Easy to carry, efficient and compact. Instead of carrying your laptop along with enormous charging bricks, why not buy a tablet that combines all your notebooks in a single device ? Depending on your laptop’s performance you won’t be able to fully replace it with your tablet but you will be mostly taking notes, researching the internet, and writing down projects and homework. Some students prefer writing on a keyboard, others choose to connect a Bluetooth keyboard to their tablets. We’ve taken everything under consideration to prepare the best tablets for students.
Related : Best Tablet for Research Work
Related : Best Tablet for Medical School
5 Best Tablet for College Students on a Budget
The first thing you should pay attention to when buying is the tablet is the weight, because this might save you years of back pain. Instead of carrying around your heavy books and a bunch of school supplies, many college school classes have e-book options that you just have to download to your tablet and you will have the opportunity to access your class from anywhere (Source : Quora).
The screen quality, memory and performance is the next thing to consider.
These are essential factors in your tablet choice as you don’t want to experience lags and storage limitations, especially for your student assignments (Source : Samsung Insights).
Having all that in mind, we’ve come up with LG G Pad F2 8.0. As per our research this is the best tablet for students on budget.
It is a balanced tablet choice that includes all of the features you will require in your college With its lightweight (under a pound), you will be able to carry it around with no problem, but no matter its lightweight, this tablet is still equipped with an 8-inch widescreen, plus 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM. Stylish design, with an extra slot for a micro SD Card this tablet, comes at the affordable price of 150$. If you are uncertain about buying a tablet on your own, you can’t go wrong with LG G Pad F2 8.0.
The majority of you will now rush to Google to check what LG G Pad F2 8.0 looks like, and we understand that many of you will not be happy with our choice. However, we’ve prepared a buying guide, which if followed ensures that you ain’t going to regret your purchase.
Buying Guide : Best Tablet for Students
This buying guide, ensures that the tablet you are going to purchase is suitable for students, with an affordable price tag and worth your investment. If you don’t like our recommendation (LG G Pad F2 8.0) feel free to search for a tablet on your own by following our guide. This way you can’t go wrong.
- Storage. By choosing a tablet with larger storage you fulfill the main criterion your best college tablet requires. You will be granted the opportunity to save a lot of lessons, notes for references, and other educational files. The file size of your classes would be generally large so when buying make sure your tablet’s storage won’t run out easily.
- Processor. You wouldn’t like to use a device that can’t handle its duties fast enough. This completely depends on the tablet’s processor which determines the device’s speed. If you’re looking for speed in your college tablet, make sure to check what processor your future tablet will contain.
- Design. The days where people are fine with carrying a briefcase-size tablet and a brick wide tablet are gone. Nowadays people’s expectations have increased a lot, and manufacturers started to come up with designs that are thinner and sleeker in order to suit people’s tastes. Except for their design, a thinner tablet is more lightweight and easier to carry, which contributes to your college cause even more.
- Operating System. When owning a tablet, you wouldn’t use it just for independent reasons, you might attempt connecting it to other devices and gadgets. When any sort of data transfer process is at hand, it is mandatory to have an OS operating system that is compatible. Also often during technology advancements, patch notes get released with great respect to the OS. We highly recommend getting an Android tablet, and in case you are willing to spend more money, you can’t go wrong with an Ipad as well.
- Compatibility. Mind that when buying a tablet it might not be compatible with other devices and make sure to check this out. For instance, downloading apps and transferring data might become really frustrating if your tablet does not support the ones you need the most.
- Connectivity. Before you buy, make sure to check if your tablet choice includes all of the connectivity features such as Bluetooth, WiFi and NFC. Some of them might not include infrared connectivity and you could struggle with USB limitations. A highly ranked place in student assignments requires connectivity to transfer files and if it is missing you might struggle.
- Cost. As in a college student position, one of the essential factors that you will be looking at is the price tag. Buying a cheaper tablet might become more expensive in the long term. After your purchase you will quickly realise if your tablet can get the job done or not. With a tablet that does not fulfill your requirements, it won’t be able to justify the performance you will most likely end up buying another one.
Most college students look for budget-friendly tablet choices that are preferred for students, but investing in a more expensive one might be your best choice because you won’t worry about anything and use it a long time, without any further costs.
- Brand. There are countless brands, manufacturing tablets but only some of them are used to be known as the leaders in the industry. We can recommend Huawei, Samsung, LG and Apple, but it is up to you to decide which one to invest in and which one suits you best.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it worth buying a fast tablet?
Investing in a tablet with a higher qualified processor might be a good option, especially for college. For instance, if you’re studying for a graphic designer, your tablet must be able to run photoshop and other editing programs but also be aware of what operating system you buy this tablet with.
Is the design an important factor?
Most nowadays tablets that are stylishly designed, are really lightweight which is one of the essential factors you look for when buying a tablet. Buying a tab that is both lightweight, and super sleeky might not just impress your friends, but save you struggle carrying it around all day.
Today we reviewed some of the essential tablet choices and factors you should be looking up at when buying a tab for yourself. Make sure to follow our buying guide to get the best tablet for students on a budget. Don’t forget to take your time considering all features and specifications for a tablet to help you until you graduate and beyond.