Now when the whole world is moving towards automated homes, the control of these home automation systems is another important issue.
Many gadgets have been launched that are used to control these systems through the Wi-Fi connection from anywhere.
These gadgets allow you to have your home at your palms.
Wherever you are, whatever you do, you can keep an eye at your home with the help of these gadgets.
Among the many gadgets used for this purpose, tablets are the best choice.
Hence we have put forth a guide on the Best Tablets for Home Automation.
These not only show you the activity of the automated systems but also allow you to operate them.
From thermostats to security checks, from cooling and heating systems to automatic locks, all can be operated well.
Using a tablet is much more convenient than operating it on your cell phone.
As the mobile phone is already busy with many other tasks, there are chances for you to miss any notification.
But with a tablet, you can make sure that you can take care of all the essential things.
Comparison of Tablets for Home Automation
|Apple iPad Air
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
|Amazon Fire Tab 7
|DragonTouch Max 10
List of Top Tablets for Home Automation & Assistant in 2024
1 . Apple iPad Air – Best Smart Home Tablet
2 . Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 – Best Tablet for Home Assistant
3 . Amazon Fire Tab 7 – Best Tablet for Smart Home Control
4 . DragonTouch Max 10 – Affordable Option 1
5 . Fusion5 Ultra – Affordable Option 2
10 Best Tablets for Home Automation
1. Huawei Media Pad M5 Lite – Best Smart Home Tablet
It is a smart looking and very efficient tablet. It has a very good audio system. Unlike ordinary tablets, Huawei Media Pad M5 allows you to hear all the voices in the room through this easily.
This feature makes it stand out in the crowd.
- It has a very powerful processor that enables you to use multiple apps at once without hanging the device
- The sound system is super-efficient allowing you to listen even the least audible sounds
- It also has a stylus that makes it user-friendly
- It has a smart design that gives it an easy and comfortable grip
- It is a bit expensive for some
- The camera quality is not very good
2. Windows 10 Fusion5 – Best Tablet for Home Assistant
Fusion5 is a very sleek and stylish tablet having all the features to replace an effective laptop. It has very reliable package in a very reasonable price.
- It allows you to install a memory card for increasing the memory storage of the device
- It has a83GHz Intel Quad-core processor which is very powerful
- The camera quality is very nice with high pixels
- The battery life is short so it can’t be used on long-term basis
- There is a less number of drivers installed in it
3. Jumper EZpad 6s Pro Go – Best Tablet for Smart Home Control
Jumper EZPad is a premium looking tablet with a detachable keyboard and a very good quality touch pad.
- It has a very good sized screen of 11.6 inches enough to watch videos as well
- Unlike ordinary 4GB RAM, it has a 6GB RAM with a 64GB storage
- The graphic feature is ideal which utilizes 9 HD graphics
- It is available in a very reasonable price
- It possesses a Windows Operating System which is preferred by most of the people due to its easy usage
- It lacks a back camera
- It becomes a bit heavy when the keyboard is attached with it
4. Asus Chromebook Tablet CT100
ASUS ChromeBook CT100 is a very elegant tablet available in a very affordable price.
- The stylus enables easy drawings and provides comfort while taking important notes
- It has a very good battery life that lasts for long
- It has a plastic texture that gives an easy grip
- It may not be a good option for power users
- The touch screen sensitivity is not that good
5. CTL 9.7″ Chromebook Tx1 Tablet
CLT900 stylishly smart tablet it is with many appealing features including a built-in stylus.
- It is extremely light-weight which makes it portable
- The design is extremely comfortable with holding the tablet
- It has a powerful processor that enables the usage of multiple tabs at a time
- It has a plastic covering which may not be acceptable for premium lovers
6. Fire HD 10 Tablet (10.1″ 1080p full HD display, 32 GB)
Fire Tab 10 is a very premium looking tablet available in a variety of colours.
- It has a wide screen very useful for viewing videos
- The high screen resolution and fast speed makes it perfect for home automation
- Long life battery with 11 hour time span
- It doesn’t have a Google Play in it
- The Amazon Silk Browsing is not very good
7. Apple iPad Pro (10.2-Inch, Wi-Fi, 32GB)
Style and efficiency come together to make this tablet! The name itself proclaims for its quality after all, it’s Apple.
The rose gold shade gives it a premium appearance.
- It has a highly secure system as it possesses the features of Face Time Camera and Touch ID fingerprint
- It has an A10 fusion chip in it with a 32 GB memory storage
- The most distinguishing feature of the Apple iPad is that it is almost 40% faster than the iPhone 6
- The speakers are not as good as quad speakers
- Obviously it is an Apple product, so it can be unaffordable for many due to its high price
8. Lenovo Tab 4, 10.1″ Android Tablet
It is a durable smart-looking Android tablet. It is as good in appearance as in quality.
- It has front facing speakers that are loud enough allowing you to make a portable TV out of it
- This is very responsive and works quite fast
- It has a 4 GB RAM with 64 GB of storage which is great
- The battery life is quite short
- The built-in file manager is not very efficient
9. Jumper EZpad Pro 2 in 1
This is a smart and bright tablet with a very wide screen for display. It is quite an easy-to-use tablet that can easily replace a laptop.
- It has an extremely wide screen of 11.6 inches which is much wider than the other similar tablets
- It also has a keyboard with it for easy typing
- The processor as well as the RAM storage are quite good and trustworthy
- It is a bit heavy in weight
- It takes much time to charge but doesn’t last long
10. Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
A narrower and much lighter tab appears to be a stylish black beauty. Giving all the features required to operate a home automated system in a very cheap price.
- It has a good 10.5 inch screen that gives a pretty large view.
- It is incredibly thin and light weight and is extremely easy to hold
- The picture quality is very crisp and sharp
- It has a very long battery life
- It doesn’t have a headphone jack and thus you may have to use Bluetooth headphones
- It can slow down when multi-tasking
Buying Guide on Tabs for Home Automation
Home Automation Tablets are available in a variety of sizes. These possess high quality processors that allow multi-tasking.
Some possess dual-core while many possess quad-core processors. You can watch videos or read books along with controlling the home automated system.
High quality speakers and many pixel camera are also there’s giving a vivid video as well as audio.
The best thing is that these are very handy and light weight that makes them portable.
Some also possess stylus with them for creating convenient drawings and taking notes in a natural way.
Although many kinds of tablets are available, you should go for the one you feel comfortable with.
If you are comfortable with Windows Operating System, buy the one having it. Whereas, if you are an Android user, choose the tablet by the Android (Source).
On the other hand, if you have always been using IOS then go for the iPad instead. Moreover, always consider your budget.
If you can afford an expensive one choose that but if you have a less budget, choose the one having similar features in a cheap price.
Also, the screen size, speaker quality etc. must also be taken into consideration. But you can never ignore the battery life and processing power as well.
How it works?
For home automation, you just have to install the home automation app in your tablet. Then you will need to scan all the devices in your house.
And you have access to smart control your house with just a tablet in your hands.
You can control cooling systems, heating systems, lighting systems, smart locks and security cameras etc. even when you are not at home with your smart home automation tablet.
The whole automation process can be controlled by just a few touches on your tablet screen.
In the nutshell, as home automation is necessary for smart operation of your house, home automation tabs are required for “smart control” of your house.
There are many features that must be considered while buying a tablet for such an important task as home automation including camera and audio quality, screen resolution and size, efficient wi-fi reception and price etc.
But you should decide for the one that suits the requirement the most.