Looking for a drawing tablet compatible with Chromebook?
You’ve come to the right place, here we will reveal the drawing tablets that work perfectly with Chromebook, their specifications, and what drivers you should use for optimal performance.
Quick Answer : The Wacom One is the first & fully compatible pen tablet for Chromebook, that means it’s fully supported by Chrome OS tablets (Source : CNET).
Such drawing tablets allow quite a beneficial solution if you’re looking to draw more complex and difficult figures, but can you really use such a tablet to its full potential on Chromebook?
The truth is that drawing tablets aren’t exactly compatible with Chromebooks and in order for them to work smoothly you need to install a compatibility driver.
Although it’s possible to use a tablet by just plugging it into the USB slot, without the proper driver thepressure sensitivity will be missing.
What to Know before Buying a Chrome OS Tablet for Drawing
The Chromebook’s lightweight allows you to take him along wherever you go, but if you’re a graphic designer or professional artist it will come in handy bringing a tablet to sketch or write down your ideas. In such cases, you won’t be able to survive without pressure sensitivity, which is essential if you are an artist. This technology measures the pressure you apply on the tablet’s surface and depending on that makes the corresponding line thickness. If you want a thin line, you just have to apply a light stroke on the tablet which facilitates the graphic designer’s work a lot.
A very few drawing tablets are fully compatible with Chromebooks, but not all of them. Thus, to use pressure sensitivity drawing, you will need suitable drivers to unlock the tablet’s full potential. Of course, we will share with you some appropriate drivers for you to use with your Chromebook.
How to Find Drawing Tablets Drivers
To find a suitable driver that will work with Chromebook, simply refer to the supplier’s website. There you will be able to explore all different drivers and their purpose, one of which should mention compatibility with Chromebook. If there is no such driver you can always leave a quote and find out if a certain tablet can ever use its full potential with a chromebook.
The drawing tablet’s main goal is to allow natural drawing motion and pressure sensitivity which your mouse can’t offer. Using these features, difficult projects are dealt with easily, and not having any of these features makes the tablet useless. Many tablet manufacturers offer various choices of drivers to suit your style of work, and to help you the most with their exceptional features. Unfortunately drivers are available only from Windows and IOS, and if you are using Linux OS, it will not be possible.
4 Best Drawing Pads that go with ChromeBooks
Now we will review some of the most price-point approachable, stylish drawing tablets on the markets and their options and features. We ensured the existence of Chromebook drivers for all of the above listed products.
1 – Wacom CTL4100 Intuos
Suitable for digital art, the Wacom CTL4100 is a perfect choice if you’re looking for a stylish option to edit photos and animation through your Chromebook. With its 2540 lip and 4096 levels of pressure drawing sensitivity you will ease you up beyond recognition. Easy to set up, and compatible with any software this tablet is currently one of the best options on the market. The tablets contain a battery-free pen, compatible with both hands which will be ready when you are.
- Graphic drawing tablet with 4096 Levels of pressure sensitivity – gives you control and precision when drawing, painting and photo-editing in nearly any software program
- Compatibility: Mac (OS X 10.10 and above), PC (Windows 7 and above), Chromebook (devices running the latest Chrome OS), and Android smartphones/ tablets (OS version 6.0 or later); Easy plug-in via USB-A: some devices require USB-C or OTG adapters
- Small Compact size (7.8” x 6.3”) with large active area (6.0” x 3.7”), is perfect for limited desktop areas and can be setup for both left and right-handed use
- Four customizable ExpressKeys that put your favorite shortcuts like undo or copy/paste at your fingertips when used with your Mac/PC
- Creative Software: Register your Intuos on your Mac/PC to receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (2-years) and try out Corel Painter Essentials 8 & Corel AfterShot Pro 3 for 90 days; Register with your Chromebook and receive Clip Studio Paint Pro (3-months)
2 – Huion Inspiroy Q11K Wireless
Another revolutionary Chromebook compatible choice with advanced performance and ultimate accuracy are the Huion Inspiroy Q11K.
This teacher-friendly and online working tablet is a reliable and affordable choice and we meet his best performance at many Microsoft products like PowerPoint, OneNote, Word.
It’s elegantly designed, rechargeable pen has the perfect weight and size offering better grip and improved drawing experience.
Its large surface gives you enough place to position your hand in the most comfortable positions.
The big plus of the Huion Inspiroy Q11K is its wireless connectivity which gives you a cable-free experience for a tidier desk.
- 11 x 6.87 inches Huge Workspace: Graphic tablet used like a pen mouse for digital drawing, painting, sketching, E-signatures etc. 8 customizable shortcut keys design to increase work efficiency, save time and thereby improve work flow. Art tablet suitable for both left-handed and right-handed users.Press key lock design to lock/unlock the express keys
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Connection: Support wireless or cable-free operation thanks to the built-in 2500mAh lithium-ion battery. Drawing Board can be used without being connected for about 40 hours. Q11K digital writing pad also can insert to your computer with the included USB cable for standard wired use
- 8192 Levels of Pressure Sensitivity: the pen has received 4 times upgrade to the previous 2048 levels which delivers the ultimate accuracy, advanced and better performance in drawing lines
- New Rechargeable Pen PF150: light weight and good to hold. 2 pen buttons can set functions as you like. New designed pen holder allows to place the pen vertically which better protect the pen from dropping down. 8 extra replacement pen nibs are inside the pen case
- OS Compatibility: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 , Mac OS 10.11 or later. Drawing Software Support: PS, SAI, CorelPainter, Illustrator, SketchBook Pro, Manga Studio, Krita and more.
3. HUION HS611
The innovative 2021 HUION HS611 is currently one of the most affordable revolutionary drawing tablet choices for your Chromebook. It comes with 8 equipped multimedia keys, which help you browse through your Chromebook easier. It’s software and drivers support all versions of android and can be used on Apple products through an adapter. Equipped with a battery-free pen, it wields 8192 levels of pen pressure, 266 PPS of report rate, and 60 degrees of the tilt function. Its black stylish design makes it a perfect addition to your room or workplace. The tablet features astonishingly large work are of 10.2×6.35 inches, offering an expensive canvas for your creativity.
- Innovative 8 Multimedia Keys - HS611 is the first pen tablet equipped with multimedia keys, the 8 multimedia keys are ergonomically designed on the upper side of the pen tablet, which helps to maximize productivity. Features included: volume mute/down/up, previous play/pause/next, switch between softwares/switch to the desktop. It is a great choice for video editors and people who like to listen to music while creating.
- 10 Programmable Press Keys and Touch Strip - 10 programmable press keys can be customized in the HUION driver and HUION sketch app. The added programmable touch strip can easily zoom in or out your canvas. Type-C plug, easily plug in and out with either direction which is more convenient and stable.
- Ultra-thin & Large Working Area - The HS611 drawing tablet is only 7.3mm thick and weigh 550g. It is the thinnest tablet on the market, easy to carry the tablet around. 6.35x10.17 inch(161.5x258.4 mm) sufficient working surface, provides you a carefree drawing experience. The dot grid cover specifies the working area and thus improves the accuracy of work. From head to toe, from cracks to nooks, HS611 is all in the same color, even the pen matches the color.
- Battery-free Stylus - PW500 battery-free digital pen with 266PPS report rate and 8192 pressure sensitivity level provides you nature and smooth lines. ±60°tilt support imitate real brush strokes, which offers you a more realistic drawing experience.
- Android & PC Supported - Compatible with Android 6.0 or above, Windows 7 or above, mac OS 10.12 or above. Only mobile phone and tablet powered by Android 6.0 or above are supported. NOTE: The cursor will not show up in SAMSUNG devices at present, except SAMSUNG Note Series. It is compatible with most major software including: Photoshop, SAI, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Huion sketch, FlipaClip, Medibang, Autodesk Sketchbook, Zenbrush and more.
4 – DIGITNOW Ultrathin
The high performance of this tablet justifies the low price and offers a wide working area. Starring a pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels, this tablet is suitable for easy drawing and editing on your Chromebook. The battery-free pen enhances the overall performance, making the lines smoother and flow quicker. Easy browsing presented by 12 customizable express keys, which ease everyone working on multi-screens. The great compatibility of this drawing tablet makes it the most selected product, which is Mac OS 10.10 or later and Windows 7/8/10.
- 【High Performance】：The Digitnow V1060 Plus Graphics Tablet is designed for game play, drawing, painting, sketching, E-signatures, etc. Working Area:10 x 6.25 inches (360*240mm);Pressure Sensitivity: 8192 levels; Pen Touch Resolution:5080 LPI; Report Rate:233PPS; Sensing Height:11mm.
- 【Battery -free Pen】：The Digitnow advanced Battery-free stylus does not require charging.Battery-free Stylus making lines flow quicker and smoother, enhancing overall performance.The perfect replacement for a traditional mouse! allowing for constant uninterrupted Draw and Play. Now comes with 8 replacement nibs. Allowing you to have more fun.
- 【Customizable Shortcut Keys】：12 customizable express keys allow more quick access to most commonly used functions.It provide a lot more for convenience and helps to improve the productivity and efficiency when creating with the drawing tablet.The driver allows the shortcut keys to be attuned to many different software.
- 【Great Compatibility】：The Digitnow V1060 Plus Graphics Tablets can be used with Windows 10/8/7, Mac OS 10.10 or later version. This tablet is compatible with Photoshop, SAI, Painter, Illustrator, Clip Studio, and more. It also supports connections with Android Phones and Tablets 6.0 and above. It is compatible with most major software including: ibis Paint X, FlipaClip, Medibang, Autodesk Sketchbook, Zenbrush, Artrage and so on.
- 【Quality Service】：We’ve adopted the newest High Tech IC, to make lines flow smoother and perform better. Easy to set up, user-friendly for right and left hand user with the pen holder and extra pen tips, ideal for professional artist, newbie designer and amateur hobbyist of all kind, provides one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our pen tablets/displays.
Although not every tablet is compatible with a Chromebook, there are a variety of drawing tablets for you to choose from which will surely help in your daily work and their multitude features facilitate you in some way.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.