An RCA tablet comes in really handy as an alternative to a computer or a laptop with its detachable keyboard and a large screen display.
It is also fast and portable, and its failure to work well and start glitching can be frustrating, especially if you were using it for online studying or completing due assignments.
Due to its portability, these tablets are prone to malware and viruses that can even lead to the RCA tablet to glitch and function abnormally.
So, before wasting any funds on handy repairers, try out these listed out simple steps on how to reset an RCA tablet (depending on its operating system).
3 Basic Steps to Reset an RCA Tablet Fast
Before beginning any of the below-listed steps, it is important to back up all of your data including any important files, videos or photos because a hard reset or master reset may lead to the loss of this data since it restores the original factory settings of the device. A back up can be made to the cloud or an external memory card or even a synched device if the tablet is still functional.
1 – A simple booting up
If the tablet is misbehaving slightly, but it is still functional, a master reset might not be necessary. Simply factory resetting it will do the trick.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll through until you find the backup and reset option. A pop-up warning will display telling you that you will not be able to recover any data saved on the tablet if you proceed.
- Tap on the factory reset data reset, and the process should commence immediately.
- After it is done, start it up and set it up.
2 – Resetting an android OS RCA tablet
In the instance, you cannot even access the settings app due to something that has seriously occurred with the tablet that it cannot even startup, you will have to do the reset in recovery mode. This is achievable using the following steps.
- Ensure that your tablet is powered off and if not, long-press the power button to shut it down.
- Press and hold the volume up and volume down keys simultaneously.
- Press the power button while still holding down the volume keys. The tablet’s logo will appear on the screen, and after a few seconds, the android bot with a caution symbol will appear. A screen with various options them will follow.
- Navigate through to wipe data/factory reset option and press the power button once to select it.
- After some time, the tablet will transition to another screen, displaying the message ‘data wipe complete’.
- Press the power button to start up the system.
- A reboot will begin, and after the RCA logo, a welcome message will be shown. Follow the preceding steps to complete the setting up of your device.
3 – Resetting a Windows OS RCA tablet
In a windows RCA tablet, the procedure for resetting it may be a little bit more complicated, but this should not put you off since it is doable.
- Turn off your tablet if it was not powered off already.
- Press and hold the “Fn” button on the tablet.
- While still holding down the “Fn” button, look for the F9 button and press it but not hold it down. Press it repeatedly with intermissions of about a second in between each press.
- A message saying ‘please wait…’ will be displayed on the screen. This will be your cue to stop pressing the “Fn” and the F9 buttons.
- Once the boot screen appears, select the troubleshoot option followed by the reset option.
- Select the ‘fully clean the device’ option, and the factory reset process will begin.
For the reset operation to begin in any device, you should ensure that it has a power capacity of at least 50%.
If any of the listed steps does not work on your device, try starting afresh. If your device does not respond, the issue may be bigger and might require a new software installation, and you will need to seek assistance after attempting the listed steps above. And that’s all on how to reset an RCA tablet.
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.