The general reason we keep our smart devices locked is to prevent someone else, besides us, from unlocking them.
However, it is common for people to partially forget their passwords/PIN or patterns and this is why we’ve prepared this post containing several ways to bypass the lock screen, pattern, PIN, or even fingerprint.
Our guide is compatible with almost any android tablet, but for this tutorial, we are going to use a Samsung tablet.
There are many ways on how to unlock a Samsung Tablet when can’t remember your password including custom recovery, android device manager, factory reset, and more.
We are going to reveal each way in depth in order to ensure that you will be able to unlock your device regardless of the conditions.
Without further ado let’s start with our first method.
4 Steps on How to Unlock any Samsung Tablet if You Forgot your Password
Method #1: Use Android Device Manager to Bypass a Screen Password
Before you can bypass the lock screen using the Android Device Manager, you need to make sure that it is enabled.
- Go to google.com/andoid/devicemanager on any other device than the tablet you’re unlocking.
- Log in to your Google Account that you’ve used on your locked tablet. (If you can’t remember your Google Account either, restore your password first.) And if you can’t restore your Google Account, move on to the next method.
- Choose the device that you want to unlock using the ADM interface.
- Click on the Lock Option and enter a new password, then select “Lock” again.
- Go back to your tablet and try to unlock it with the new password that you’ve created.
This method might not work if your Tablet is not connected to a network.
If you are unable to unlock the tablet after you’ve done everything right, restart the device and try again. (it takes several minutes for Google to sync your new password for the device.
Method #2: Use the “Find My Mobile” feature on a Samsung Tablet
If you are not aware all Samsung devices come with an inbuilt “Find my Mobile” feature. If you have disabled it, now is the time to go into settings and enable the feature as we are going to need it to unlock the tablet in this method.
- Create or login into your Samsung Account through any other device than the tablet you’re unlocking.
- Click on the “Lock My Screen Button”.
- Enter the new PIN in the first provided field.
- Click on the “Lock Button” at the bottom right corner.
- Within a few minutes of synchronization, your tablet pin should have changed and you will be able to log in,
If more than 15 minutes have passed and you are still unable to unlock your tablet with the newly created password, restart the device and try again. If you still have no success, start the method from the beginning.
Method #3: Use Google Login
This method supports only Android 4.4 or lower for the ones of you with older tablets. Here is how to bypass the lock screen on an old Samsung tablet:
- Enter the wrong password/pattern on PIN at least 5 times in a row, until a message appears.
- Click on “Forgot Pattern”.
- Enter your Google account login credentials or and set another password or PIN.
- Your tablet should be immediately updated and you should be able to login with the newly created credentials.
This feature is not available on Android versions above 4.4. According to some sources, if you have pending updates that you’ve disabled, you might have difficulties proceeding with this method.
Method #4: Factory Reset
So if you have nothing important on your Samsung tablet you can simply use the factory reset feature Bootloader menu.
Everything on your device will be erased as it was when you’ve purchased it.
To do a factory reset follow the steps below:
- Hold the Power Button and Volume Down button at the same time to open the Bootloader menu.
- To navigate in the menu use the Volume Down button and select Recovery Mode by pressing the Power Button.
- Choose the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option, again by using the Power Button to select and Volume Down Button to go up and down.
- Once ready select “Reboot System Now”.
Your device shall reboot and once it’s back on it will be brand new.
Everything will be wiped from the storage and most importantly it will no longer have a lock screen.
We hope our methods were able to unlock your Samsung tablet, regardless of your case and in case you are still struggling to do so, you might need to take your tablet to a professional service to unlock it. For more technical solution content refer to:
Sohaib Hasan is the head creative writer of Gajotres.Net, a website dedicated to providing reviews of innovative products and services changing the world.
Sohaib has been writing on computer hardware, software, and more. He loves technology and believes it’s only right that we always keep up with all its latest advancements to stay one step ahead in our everyday lives.